Return Droid for Droid X?

Reaction score
If you do decide u wanna do things like overclocking and such i dont suggest the droid x p3droid is saying that on boot the bootloader, kernel, and os information is checked and if any of them dont match up it will trip a fuse and basically brick your phone to the point it wont turn on and your only fix will be a jtag or to send it to moto.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
If you do decide u wanna do things like overclocking and such i dont suggest the droid x p3droid is saying that on boot the bootloader, kernel, and os information is checked and if any of them dont match up it will trip a fuse and basically brick your phone to the point it wont turn on and your only fix will be a jtag or to send it to moto.

Wasn't IPhone sued for doing something similar to that? What happened with that?

I suppose they could set that up. Just seems to me like intentionally bricking your phone would be unnecessary - just trip a flag that sends an alert to void your warranty.

I'd go with the X. The two main reasons, for me, to root are overclocking AND underclocking (to save battery), both of which seem much less an issue with the X. Besides, I say in a month or two the X will be rooted. As mentioned, with Swype I don't see a need for the physical keyboard (was using the soft keyboard more, anyway).

I've not gotten into themeing...The only other major reason to root I see is wireless tethering, which is something I've not needed but might use one day in a pinch.

I say this is a no-brainer. The Droid holds its own against the X, but the ram is the much bigger issue than clock speed. I've had my Droid for 6 months and am struggling with some ram issues. No way I will make it another 1.5 years to my renewal When some more apps and goodies come out in a few months that are too much
for the current ram I will be chomping at the bit to upgrade.

prodjbm

Reaction score
I just switched from the storm to the incredible and I am probably gonna send the incredible back for the X since the X seems to be the better phone for right now. I don't root so thats not an issue for me.

ewells2420

Reaction score

If thats true, thats edited by moderator. I cant imagine that being sanctioned by google. Being the fact its an open source OS. I think a lawsuit against verizon would deffinately be in order.

Last edited by a moderator:

lunargecko

Reaction score

If thats true, thats edited by moderator. I cant imagine that being sanctioned by google. Being the fact its an open source OS. I think a lawsuit against verizon would deffinately be in order.

More likely Motorola; they made the phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

ewells2420

Reaction score

If thats true, thats extremely gay. I cant imagine that being sanctioned by google. Being the fact its an open source OS. I think a lawsuit against verizon would deffinately be in order.

Hmmm maybe. Yeah ..... I guess that does make more sense but I dont know. I mean all they do is make the hardware. Not actually program anything that I know of.

lunargecko

Reaction score
If thats true, thats extremely gay. I cant imagine that being sanctioned by google. Being the fact its an open source OS. I think a lawsuit against verizon would deffinately be in order.

Hmmm maybe. Yeah ..... I guess that does make more sense but I dont know. I mean all they do is make the hardware. Not actually program anything that I know of.

Well, they did make MotoBlur. :p

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
With the news that I'm hearing about availability being a question that's another reason. Take a look at the news section to see what I'm talking about.

HeroNova

Reaction score

lunargecko

Reaction score
Is the Incredible still impossible to get?

Seems like it. Won't be shipped until 8/9.

Droid Inc via Verizon Website

The few bestbuy stores by me get shipments of them in twice a week, but only a few trickle in at a time. That's how I got mine, I went into the store and asked and got lucky. They had one left from the previous shipment.

I bought my mom an Incredible for Mother's Day at a Best Buy Mobile just across from the Apple Store. :)

HeroNova

Reaction score
That's pretty much exactly where I got mine. Did happen to get yours in the staten island mall lol?

Seems like it. Won't be shipped until 8/9.

Droid Inc via Verizon Website

The few bestbuy stores by me get shipments of them in twice a week, but only a few trickle in at a time. That's how I got mine, I went into the store and asked and got lucky. They had one left from the previous shipment.

I bought my mom an Incredible for Mother's Day at a Best Buy Mobile just across from the Apple Store. :)