Return a damaged phone to Verizon?

TWOTx1503

Reaction score
I heard that verizon is charging $100 for any smartphone replacement outside of the normal manufactures warranty. It used to be the regular $50 but prices got inflated. I tried replacing my blackberry storm and this was an issue so I just waited till my upgrade to get my d2g :)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I heard that verizon is charging $100 for any smartphone replacement outside of the normal manufactures warranty. It used to be the regular $50 but prices got inflated. I tried replacing my blackberry storm and this was an issue so I just waited till my upgrade to get my d2g :)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

That's not Verizon that's asurions advanced device deductible on the insurance. Its been 89 dollars since 2009.

Kobe24

Reaction score
I know, I know take my phone to Verizon...but do you think they would replace a DROID with only a small crack on the screen? It's in the upper left corner

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just replaced my droid with verizon, my old one was force closing everything, it would hardly boot. All I did was call them up, told them what it was doing, lied about rooting/flashing roms. They over night shipped a replacement, I just un rooted the old one put it in the box the replacement came in, called fedex for a pick up, and that's it. Total time 1 day. Total charge 0$. I do suggest following a un rooting guide to avoid a 600$ charge though.

Sent from my Droid

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just replaced my droid with verizon, my old one was force closing everything, it would hardly boot. All I did was call them up, told them what it was doing, lied about rooting/flashing roms. They over night shipped a replacement, I just un rooted the old one put it in the box the replacement came in, called fedex for a pick up, and that's it. Total time 1 day. Total charge 0$. I do suggest following a un rooting guide to avoid a 600$ charge though.

Sent from my Droid

so you got a replacement phone because you had an unstable rom on your rooted phone?