Retrieving lost contacts after root

dukeman93

Reaction score
How do I get my contacts back after a root?? I used Koush's bootstrap recovery and liberty ROM. Any help??

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

droidmatic

Reaction score
unless you used backup manager to back the up before flashing a roms, you might just be up poop creek. That's all I know about that. Luckily though, if a lot of your contacts were on facebook and had their numbers on there, you can at least get some back.

Reaction score
You can go to verizons site and export your contacts, save to sd card, open contacts app and import them, its much easier to export them from your phone when u have them all there though

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
unless you used backup manager to back the up before flashing a roms, you might just be up poop creek. That's all I know about that. Luckily though, if a lot of your contacts were on facebook and had their numbers on there, you can at least get some back.

You can go to verizons site and export your contacts, save to sd card, open contacts app and import them, its much easier to export them from your phone when u have them all there though

THIS IS A GOOGLE PHONE!!!!!…..Sorry for screaming. Your contacts are backed up by your gmail account.

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
When I did my phone over google used to not bring them all up. If u go to contacts, press menu then display options. Click ur gmail account and check all the boxes. It always fixed mine

lg ally <rooted velocity 0.4>
samsung fascinate <rooted>

elcompaLalo

Reaction score

THIS IS A GOOGLE PHONE!!!!!…..Sorry for screaming. Your contacts are backed up by your gmail account.

Yes and no. Google backs up contacts you may have entered on the phone (from the moment you first got it). If you had backup assistant import them to the phone then they will not show in Gmail.

To the OP ........search for "backup assistant" or look in my profile for my recent posts/threads. You will find more info on how to fix your problem.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk