Retired the OG Droid and grabbed an X

ratboy3124

Reaction score
and loving it! Just dropping in and saying hi to the X community!

Zog

Reaction score
I just got my x as well, have yet to root this beast lol. LOVING HDMI OUT! Goodbye D2!

OP
ratboy3124

ratboy3124

Reaction score
Yeah, I have installed many a ROM on my Droid and have SBF'd and installed custom ROMS on my buddy's X. Haven't played with ROMS yet on mine, but I will eventually.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Yeah, I have installed many a ROM on my Droid and have SBF'd and installed custom ROMS on my buddy's X. Haven't played with ROMS yet on mine, but I will eventually.

Grab one of the Gingerbread leaks. Better than any 2.2 rom!

DARTH MAXIMUS

Reaction score
u made a great choice, try the gingerbread, its very sweet

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

famac!

Reaction score

Did the same thing last week. Loving the X but it does exhibit some weird behavior like GPS being on randomly and eating up the battery even when no program is using it. Apparently that is the way blur works. Even when you are not using their weather and news widgets, it still runs in the background. No wonder people hate it. Also, my hotmail via activesync no longer "pushes" mail instantly to me. It worked fine for the first 3 days but no longer does. This was a rock solid function on the OG. Thinking of loading the .595 GB floating around but i dont think there is root for it yet.

Last edited:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

Did the same thing last week. Loving the X but it does exhibit some weird behavior like GPS being on randomly and eating up the battery even when no program is using it. Apparently that is the way blur works. Even when you are not using their weather and news widgets, it still runs in the background. No wonder people hate it. Also, my hotmail via activesync no longer "pushes" mail instantly to me. It worked fine for the first 3 days but no longer does. This was a rock solid function on the OG. Thinking of loading the .595 GB floating around but i dont think there is root for it yet.

.595 has been rooted.

So you decided to go GB, but are adrift in a sea of information on HOW to do so

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
OP
ratboy3124

ratboy3124

Reaction score