Restoring Select Application Data after new ROM

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by alphanode, May 8, 2011.

1. alphanode

alphanode New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did a search for this topic, and I couldn't find anything (although I can't believe this wouldn't have been covered by now).

I just rooted and flashed my phone with a new ROM. Before doing this I created a backup of my stock root with SPRecovery.

Now that I have my new ROM on there, I've gone to the market to re-download all my applications. My question is, for some of my applications I want to restore the data associated with them (for instance - with games, my playing statistics; but more importantly I want to restore my battery life info for my "batter left" application).

I noticed in the SPRecovery backup there was a file called "data.tar" with a lot of information in it. In the .\data folder it looks like there was a folder for every application and i was able to see some of my application data in there for some of my programs (if it was a plain xml file). Only problem is, i have no idea how to get that data back onto the phone since when I mount my SD card - the folder is not visible (i'm guessing this data is stored elsewhere on the phone).

Advice? Much obliged.

2. GSXRADDICT

GSXRADDICT Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Backup current Rom restore old Rom use mybackup root to back up apk data restore new Rom back up and then download mybackup root again and restore the apk data data only though not data + apk. Probably better ways but just what I would do although I would have backed up the apks before hand :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Search tags for this page

android restore app new machine