Restoring Contacts, Apps, etc?

MLA414

Reaction score
I downloaded a rom and applied it to my device. on boot, my apps and contacts were not there anymore. please help!

A2Aegis

Reaction score
Your contacts should be restored by signing into your Google account. For your apps, you'll need to back them up using a program like Titanium Backup (I'm sure there are other apps people here can recommend).

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Most apps will restore also. They are also backed up with your gmail account.

FernBch

Reaction score
Most apps will restore also. They are also backed up with your gmail account.

X2^^^^^

I've flashed and SBF'd my DX several times. As soon as I go through activation and sign into my google account, everything syncs and all my apps restore themselves. I paid for TB Pro, made complete backups, and have never needed them.

My DroidX Thrives on the DarkSlide!!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I downloaded a rom and applied it to my device. on boot, my apps and contacts were not there anymore. please help!
Where were your contacts stored? Were they local, Google or other?

If your apps don't restore (some ROM's don't do this) then go into the Market and load them again.

Your contacts should be restored by signing into your Google account.
Unless the OP had Phone contacts. Not everyone has Google contacts.

OP
MLA414

MLA414

Reaction score
Thank you all for feed back. I goofed, did not put my contacts under google (set them local) or did not use titanium backup. Still in the process of getting my contacts/apps, but this time im using google to back up contacts and titanium for apps. Thank you all for the replies.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Deltatango

Reaction score
Restore Apps W/Google

How do I get to my google account?
I flashed CM7 today. I went to Market and tried to re-install Titanium Backup but Market showed it already installed. Can't find it on my apps list.

Now what.

CM7 on first boot did not ask me anything about setting up GMail, EMail, etc.

Now what?

jchammer123

Reaction score
How do I get to my google account?
I flashed CM7 today. I went to Market and tried to re-install Titanium Backup but Market showed it already installed. Can't find it on my apps list.

Now what.

CM7 on first boot did not ask me anything about setting up GMail, EMail, etc.

Now what?

Go to settings and then accounts and sign in to your account.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

kristoff125

Reaction score
Thank you all for feed back. I goofed, did not put my contacts under google (set them local) or did not use titanium backup. Still in the process of getting my contacts/apps, but this time im using google to back up contacts and titanium for apps. Thank you all for the replies.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Did you backup your previous ROM before updating? If you did, backup the new ROM, load the old, and backup to Google.

If not, lesson learned, ALWAYS backup before you ROM.

Deltatango

Reaction score
Yes, I did backup my previous ROM. Not clear on what you said:
"backup the new ROM, load the old, and backup to Google". Please explain another way? Thanks

kristoff125

Reaction score
Yes, I did backup my previous ROM. Not clear on what you said:
"backup the new ROM, load the old, and backup to Google". Please explain another way? Thanks

Backup what you currently have, then reload the original backup that had all the contacts you previously had, then go into settings and sync the contacts with google, once that is complete, load the backup of the new ROM that is lacking the contacts, and sync to retrieve the contacts you just put on Google.
If titanium still says it's installed, uninstall it and reinstall from the market.

Deltatango

Reaction score
Another Way To Explain My Problem

Sorry, but I may not have explained my problem the right way.
I'll try again:

I'm rooted. Was using DasBamf with no problems. Backed up all apps with Titanium Backup and went thru all steps to flash a new custorm ROM (CM7). At first boot up of CM7 I set up my 2 email accounts (including GMail) which work OK.
I now want to install missing apps with TB but when I connect to Android Market on my phone it shows all my apps w/purchases and I can't install TB because it says it's allready installed. I can't find it in my apps so I can't uninstall it either. Also, when I look in "accounts and sync" in settings, I do not see my GMail account and I try to add account for GMail and it says I don't have correct user/password info.

If I have to, I'll go back to dasBamf. Sorry for long story.

Thanks anyone.

jchammer123

Reaction score
Sorry, but I may not have explained my problem the right way.
I'll try again:

I'm rooted. Was using DasBamf with no problems. Backed up all apps with Titanium Backup and went thru all steps to flash a new custorm ROM (CM7). At first boot up of CM7 I set up my 2 email accounts (including GMail) which work OK.
I now want to install missing apps with TB but when I connect to Android Market on my phone it shows all my apps w/purchases and I can't install TB because it says it's allready installed. I can't find it in my apps so I can't uninstall it either. Also, when I look in "accounts and sync" in settings, I do not see my GMail account and I try to add account for GMail and it says I don't have correct user/password info.

If I have to, I'll go back to dasBamf. Sorry for long story.

Thanks anyone.
If you want to go through this, I would try and start from scratch. Download the rom again, incase its a bad download. Wipe everything and reflash.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Deltatango

Reaction score
CM7 has no Market

I guess I found out my problem, sort of.
CM7 does not include Google Market App.
It has to be flashed separate.

Now I have to find out where to get it?

Thanks all.

OK, I found out that Google Apps is in the "Download ROM" section of ROM Manager.

It's not easy but I just have to keep reading.

Thanks again.

Last edited: