1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Restoring Backup from Old Phone to New Phone using BootStrap Recovery

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM DX' started by MagnumX, Jun 3, 2011.

1. MagnumX

MagnumX New Member

I had rooted droid x. Just like everyone recommends, before flashing Liberty, I created a backup via bootstrap recovered before I flashed the zip. Flashed the liberty zip, upgraded to .05 and it was working great. The froyo backup is named "2011-05-22.23.35.16".

Since then, I had to swap out my phone because of a defect. I got it replaced with the exact same model, rooted it, forgot to create a backup an flashed liberty.

In the event that I want to revert back to my factory droidx state, would I be able to flash the backup from my first droid? I tried reading on forms, but did not see the answer. If not, I should be able to SBF back to the original 2.2.340 version using Lite without having to flash a backup, right?

Thanks.
  2. Jubakuba

Jubakuba New Member

I had this question recently myself, and I didn't have a problem restoring my nandroid onto a new phone.
    Just make sure you're on the same kernel.
  3. Kasey Krehbiel

Kasey Krehbiel New Member

I'm not sure if you can use one phone's backup to restore another, but I can tell you that the 2.3.340 SBF file and RSD Lite would return your phone to the state it was in when you first got it.
Search tags for this page

old phone backup to new phone

restoring old version windows phone