Restoring apps with mybackup pro?

hmb42

Reaction score
Hi. I had a new droid coming in the mail from verizon, so I downloaded mybackup yesterday and backed up my apps and data. Well I got the new phone today, and data restored well (mostly, still have some missing contacts), however, I cant get apps back. When I choose to restore apps, it doesn't show that any are backed up. I don't know what to do, but I would really like to get all my apps back.

Thanks in advanced.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
Hi. I had a new droid coming in the mail from verizon, so I downloaded mybackup yesterday and backed up my apps and data. Well I got the new phone today, and data restored well (mostly, still have some missing contacts), however, I cant get apps back. When I choose to restore apps, it doesn't show that any are backed up. I don't know what to do, but I would really like to get all my apps back.

Thanks in advanced.

Did you back these up online or with the sd card?

OP
H

hmb42

Reaction score
I'm not sure. I only had the trial at the time (I have since bought the paid version) so I imagine on the SD card.

solar

Reaction score
I'm not sure. I only had the trial at the time (I have since bought the paid version) so I imagine on the SD card.

I'm not sure what the limitations of the free app is. Can you explain a little more about your issue? are you saying that you can't restore any apps?

OP
H

hmb42

Reaction score
Yeah, when I try to restore apps, there is apparently nothing there.

Also, after restoring the data (including contacts) my phone won't sync my facebook contacts. I tried removing the contacts group facebook and then adding it again, and it didn't help. I noticed when restoring contacts, I got a sync message (although from my google account) that there were too many contacts to delete. However the problem seems to be with my facebook group.... Thanks again

solar

Reaction score
Yeah, when I try to restore apps, there is apparently nothing there.

Also, after restoring the data (including contacts) my phone won't sync my facebook contacts. I tried removing the contacts group facebook and then adding it again, and it didn't help. I noticed when restoring contacts, I got a sync message (although from my google account) that there were too many contacts to delete. However the problem seems to be with my facebook group.... Thanks again

You should uncheck contacts upon restoring. If you're careful you will see a warning message popup regarding this. Since google sync's your contact on a regular basis, there is no need to restore them. I do include them in the backup just in case though. I'm not really sure what te repercutions are of trying to restore the contacts over the ones you have, but I think it tries to delete them first, then re-add them. That may be where the issue us. You should jsut be able to delete you facebook sync account and re-add it. Should. But I know things don't always work.. :)