Restoring Apps after Phone Swap

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was having internal memory issues with my Droid and had it replaced after it happened a second time within a week. When I did the factory reset last week, all my previously downloaded apps were available to re-download from the Market. I got home from the VZW store with the NIB Droid, reinstalled my 2 Gmail accounts and Facebook and the contacts, emails and FB contacts are all synced up. I went to the market to get my apps, and nothing is there. I had purchased GDE and Beautiful Weather apps. I really don't feel like purchasing them again. And, the free apps I had previously downloaded are not showing up either.

Is there something I'm doing wrong and will I have to purchase GDE again?

LordKastle

Reaction score
Try to redownload them. Once clicking on the actual download does it let or you or does it force to re-purchase?

Others have said they can simply redownload them.

thelion

Reaction score
They should have synced up automatically when you set up the phone. If they did not, I am not sure how you fix it but I am sure you can.

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try to redownload them. Once clicking on the actual download does it let or you or does it force to re-purchase?

Others have said they can simply redownload them.
I went as far as where GDE wanted me to pay whatever the Euro amount was and I bailed on it.

Like I said before, last time I did a factory reset a week ago the apps were all there in the App store. I'm just holding off a bit before doing it all over again.

bbcrackman

Reaction score
Did you use the same GMail account on your device that you used to purchase the app? Purchased downloads use the email that you used to purchase as a reference

kbrede

Reaction score
You should have a record of your purchases at Google Checkout. If Market doesn't show your apps as being purchased, you might be able to contact the people who run Market, show your receipts, and get your apps.

Kent

thelion

Reaction score
Good point! When you did your initial setup was it with the same gmail account as your last initial setup (since you seem to have multiples)? That could be your problem right there.

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you use the same GMail account on your device that you used to purchase the app? Purchased downloads use the email that you used to purchase as a reference
Yes, I have 2 gmail accounts, one has my GV and contacts I want to use on the Droid, and the other gmail account is the one I just use for my email, which has contacts on it I don't want to sync. I went to the Market and looked at the help area and it says as long as its associated with the gmail account I have on the new Droid it shouldn't charge me again. We'll see. I'm just disappointed that all apps previously downloaded are gone and I have to start over.

thelion

Reaction score
Something is wrong. Your free apps should have D/L again. Are you positive the phone was setup correctly? I have yet to hear of someone having this issue.

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Something is wrong. Your free apps should have D/L again. Are you positive the phone was setup correctly? I have yet to hear of someone having this issue.
I agree. I was at the store when they swapped it out. They added one of my gmail accounts, the one that has my contact list stored on it, which is also the gmail account that has my purchases from the two apps. I will call VZW in a bit and see what the heck they say in tech support.

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good point! When you did your initial setup was it with the same gmail account as your last initial setup (since you seem to have multiples)? That could be your problem right there.
This is exactly what happened. I inadvertently used the wrong default gmail account, and when I just did a factory reset and restored using my other gmail account, both purchased items were there. Thanks!