Restored Apps w/ Astro but..

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Canefan, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Canefan

Canefan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just did a Nandroid installation of the latest BB 0.7.4. Before installing, I backed up all of my apps with Astro. When I booted up the new ROM I went to the Market and downloaded Astro and then restored everything from backup. So far so good, but now when I go to Market and select downloads, it doesn't list most of the apps that I had previously downloaded. They're all on the phone, but I won't be notified of updates because the Market doesn't know that I have them. Any way to get them to match up or do I have to download them all one by one again?

2. mjs31

mjs31 Member

Ratings:
    +0

Yeah, it may refresh, but I believe the best way to do market apps is to just redownload from the market. I did not do the nandroid install because of the wiping. I have wiped before though and even though I had back ups, I just went and reloaded them from the market.

3. 640k

640k Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    app installations that weren't initiated from the market have no way of knowing to prompt your device for updates. with that said, a restore of market installed apps will most likely result in a disconnect.

the market will re-download all of your apps (even free) upon a restore/replace. if the market sees that the apps are already on your phone, it may not prompt you to reinstall them. but then the disconnect happens. because the market saw that the apps installed, no install is performed and then the market is disconnected between when you installed, etc.

it sounds confusing, but i'm starting to wonder if there's some unique signature that's attached to each application instance. a restore might reset this number and getting too far out of whack might even disrupt the normal behavior.