1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Restore?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Ucjp, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Ucjp

Ucjp New Member

Hello, I'm sure this has been posted before, but please bear with me...
    I have a Droid x running froyo and I recently rooted it to play around with tethering and overclocking. Unfortunately I dived headlong in without backing anything up.

So, what I want to do is completely restore my X like it just came out of the box, that includes all of the crapware that came with it. Could somebody point me in the right direction or point me to the right post? I believe I restore it by using update.zip but i'm not exactly sure where to get it and what to do with it. Thanks a bunch!
  2. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

3. Ucjp

Ucjp New Member

problem solved

Droid restored!

Thanks to your tips I went on to find this thread:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...08-multiple-phones-root-them-unroot-them.html

I used the Droid X 2.2 SBF and RSD Lite 4.8 to restore my droid to it's original state.

For anybody else like me that wants to restore their phone:

1. Download the droid.co_downloader.exe (this will get the SBF file for you) from this website. Click the rootfiles directory on the left side.
    RS-Files

2. select Droid X 2.2

3. Download and install RSD Lite (4.7 can be found in the thread below)

4. Make sure your droid has the proper drivers, some old ones can be found here:
    Droid X

5. Open RSD Lite and select the Droid X SBF you downloaded through droid.co_downloader

6. Put your phone into bootloader mode (turn your phone off, press and hold the volume down key & camera key and then press the Power button.

7. Connect your phone

8 Click start in RSD lite

Hope this helps some other noobs like me!

**Final Notes: Do not try to restore your phone to Android 2.1, it will not work (or at least it didn't work for me). Doing this will not make you lose any of your applications, your phone will be restored to 2.2 and it will be unrooted. Also, the blue triangle in the top right means you need to activate your phone (*228).
  4. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

Good job and :welcome:
Search tags for this page

how to restore the droid intro on motorola a855