1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Restore / Recovery mode broken

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by tbrand68, Jul 9, 2010.

1. tbrand68

tbrand68 New Member

Ok, just switched over to 4.3 a few days ago...so I'm new to this rom, so pardon my ignorance if I've missed something.

I was going to update to the 4.4 and decided to boot my phone in recovery mode so I could do a backup. (From Rom Manager (Pro)).

My phone (droid A855) shut down, got the Moto M for 3 mins, then it went blank, got the Moto M and it started up... not in recovery mode, but back to 4.3.

Ok, I'll just download 4.4 and do an update... same thing... get the Moto M, 3 mins later (about), screen blanks, then it boots the phone up. No go.

So I decided to search the forums looking for suggestions... here's what I've tried:

1. Turn phone off, hold down X on physical keyboard, turn on phone, hold until recovery mode is up.... nope, will not work. If I'm patient enough, after about 10 mins, the phone reboots back to 4.3.

2. Changed ClockworkMod (2.0.1.3) over to Alternate Recover SPRecovery 0.99.3b... exact same problems... nothing works.

3. I've deleted most of my apps so I could move everything to phone, thinking maybe parts of the restore mode were on the SDCard... nope didn't work either.

Before I try my last idea (wipe phone to factory defaults)... anyone else have any other ideas?

Please help.

Tim
  2. Rsswga

Rsswga New Member

Flash a older version... 2. 0. 0. worms good for me
  3. tbrand68

tbrand68 New Member

I'll give it a try.

Thanks.
  4. tbrand68

tbrand68 New Member

Ok...here's what happened.

I tried to flash an old recovery... got an error "Error flashing recovery"

Thought, crap, here we go again.

So I rebooted the phone, applied the FIX PERMISSIONS from the Rom Manager, rebooted, tried to flash a different old recover...got the same error.

I wanted to see what would happen if I tried to boot into recovery from the menu... what do you know... it worked dancedroid... so I restored a backup....

I'm going to go towel off before I try updating to 4.4....:)

Tim
  5. iPhoneBlowz

iPhoneBlowz New Member

Koush told me that he lost the old versions of CM Recovery when switching to a new server. Said it was too much trouble to add them again. You'll just have to keep flashing SP Recovery and back again until it works. He said maybe try going into settings and check erase recovery when flashing.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  6. Rsswga

Rsswga New Member

I have had to use the 2. 0. 2. 0 flash for the last week or so before anything would work properly
  7. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

This is definitely related to CWR - I've had this issue myself a few times ... the suggestions everyone has given is all you can do ...
Search tags for this page
entrar a recovery motorola i1
entrar modo recovery motorola i1
modo recory motorola i1
modo recovery motorola i1
modo recovery para motorola i1
moto 855 recovery mode

motorola a855 recovery mode

motorola i1 entrar em modo recovery
motorola i1 modo recovery

motorola i1 recovery mode

motorola kv1 modo recovery