Restore problems

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by upsman92, Mar 27, 2010.

1. upsman92

upsman92 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am having bootloop issues. I tried to do a restore using ROM manager. The restore worked then when it tried to reboot it went into boorloops. I did a battery pull and tried a nandroid restore. The restore worked and I rebooted. The phone then went into boorloops again. I then did a battery pull to do a normal restart and bootloops.

Any reasons why this is happening. I am on the most current ROM manager. Running 8.1.1.

2. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Several people have reported various issues with the latest ROM Manager. Personally unless you can't live w/o Cyogen ROM give it up and resort back to SPRecovery and use one of the various other ROMs out there. ROM Manager is a nice idea but the implementation has been less than great and there still aren't many chefs supporting it with their ROMs anyway.

3. sv7007

sv7007 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok mine did the same thing earlier today. to fix it i had to got to the recovery and hit wipe data/factory reset. suprisingly it kept my rom and everything but i still had to reinstall apps and stuff but bottom line is that it fixed my bootloop problem, so i say try that and hope for the best.

cheers

4. upsman92

upsman92 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah wiping data did work.

5. sv7007

sv7007 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    awesome... i know i was pretty scared when it started doin it to me, lol and i was at work trying to fix it.

6. 561427

561427 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I had this issue as well. I went to the new 8.6 using ROM mangager (which has caused me a lot of headaches) and i got stuck at Blackdroids boot animation. i let it sit for a while but nothing. I pulled the battery and then wiped data and cache and i can atleast get to the welcome screen where i am instructed to setup my phone but i get a force close after i enter my gmail account. it then goes back to the screen where you can sign up for a new gmail account or enter your existing account but the skip button is now gone... ??? ... I was looking for some help from you guys. i am not able to restore because ROM manager gives me MD5 check sum errors when i try :icon_evil:. any ideas? Im going to try to mount while i am at the gmail account screen and download a new kernel to put on my phone to because i tried the low voltage 1.0 adamz. (i have only used what BD puts in his rom or chevy's before). thanks guys.

7. 561427

561427 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    ok well i had to go back a few rom versions to get it to work but i went with med 1.0 and then used ROM Manager to manually install an older ultimate droid version .zip and then i went and did a manual install of 8.6 .zip but im not entirely sure if it took the new rom because it looks the exact same as the previous version and my apps are all backed up and install themselves so i cant really tell. o well atleast its not really really broken anymore.

i think rom manager should have been kept a secret a bit longer before unveiling the OTA updates... Way WAY to many problems that im seeing with all the posts about it.

anyways i just thought i would update anyone who cared for future reference.

8. upsman92

upsman92 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    you can check the version under settings about phone.

9. 561427

561427 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I was just about to edit my post when i found that ROM Manager had the current version and it is 8.6. Thanks for the info.