1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Restore old baseband?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by hexdaemon, Jun 7, 2010.

1. hexdaemon

hexdaemon New Member

With the new baseband update around, I was wondering if there was a way to restore the old one (current 2.1 baseband) in case we want to revert back to a stock 2.1 phone for any reason. Is this possible and how would I go about doing it?
  2. gixxerboy

gixxerboy New Member

last night i updated to the new baseband and it would not activate for anything and my internet was out so i couldent go here to try to get a fix and it scared me to death i would love to know if there is a way to downgrade if i have problems again.
  3. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

VZW shuts down the activation servers every Sun Night/Mon Morning for updates.

Thats why you could not activate. There is nothing wrong with the baseband update.
  4. xliderider

xliderider New Member

AFAIK, you need to use an .SBF file or one of the update.zip files to change your baseband file. Loading a rom does not touch the baseband radio file.
  5. hexdaemon

hexdaemon New Member

Any idea where I can get either of these for the current baseband? I think it's .03p, and I found some online, but they all look like upgrades from the previous baseband, .01. Can I still use these or is there something else I'm looking for?
  6. Elric

Elric New Member

7. marcogiudice

marcogiudice New Member

have no fear your boy is here, i have everything you ever need on 4shared.com under the name fbiguido... but for the base its the last link on this page baseband.zip - 4shared.com download free under my name as baseband.03 and .04 both are update.zip method to load...
    have fun and dont worry i have everything backed up and if you need help. feel free to pm me and ask! edit baseband.03 is the 2.1 and bandband.04 is the first froyo and baseband1.43.01p is lastest pete's all in one 2nd froyo update
    so .03 is the old one your looking for and baseband1.43.01p is the lastest one if you want to go back
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  8. Elric

Elric New Member

Cool. Thanks!
  9. marcogiudice

marcogiudice New Member

your welcome!
  10. marcogiudice

marcogiudice New Member

anybody else interested in having all the basebands backed up? i have them in update.zip formats instead of .sbf.. i dont see any more post in this thread and the baseband issues was a big deal and maybe alot people missed this thread
  11. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Yea. Someone right now in another thread wants the one from 2.1. I gave them this thread link. I have all of em too, even from 2.0.1. I dont remember if I even tried that one, but I have it just in case...lol
  12. ahendric

ahendric New Member

Thanks for providing these, up til now I have not tweaked my phone, so I never had a need for backups. Now I want to update the baseband but still have the ability to go back to my original.

Thanks again.

Andy
  13. marcogiudice

marcogiudice New Member

your very welcome! i thought i would be helping alot more people but i havent heard much about this thread.. im here to help
  14. jlnguyen

jlnguyen New Member

thanks for the upload! i think the latest baseband has been causing the terrible battery life i've been experiencing...
  15. brybe

brybe New Member

So I can just download the zip and update it in the startup screen even if I am going backwards?

Can I use the 2.1 baseband with 2.2 froyo? I had the best service before I rooted my phone which was in 2.1.
  16. marcogiudice

marcogiudice New Member

yes you can use any baseband on any rom or version you liked, it dont matter!
    but you have to re flash the baseband you want everytime you want to change it, in SPRecovery by holding the x button and powering on ur phone and hitting the install button... and just b'cuz you go back to an old nandroid backup of something that had a different baseband it will stay the most recent one til you reflash the baseband.. you can check for yourself by hitting setting, about phone and look for baseband version and it will tell you which one your currently on
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  17. brybe

brybe New Member

Thanks, I'm giong to try 41 because 43 is erratic. I'll be at 4 bars but everytime I hit dial it immediately goes to 0 bars. Even with "4 bars" my 3g is slow and acts like it did when I use to have 1 bar. I think it's a false reading of 4 bars.
  18. marcogiudice

marcogiudice New Member

if 1.43.01p isnt working for you i would just stick with baseband.03 the 2.1 radio cuz the baseband.04 is the one that most people complained about ... so stick with .03 or .1.43.01 in my opinion!
  19. brybe

brybe New Member

Thanks, do you have a link to a baseband download you would recommend? If it's the one that I had in 2.1 (This last Sunday and before), I would love that one because I had no problems before I rooted.
  20. marcogiudice

marcogiudice New Member

baseband .03 is the stock 2.1 radio. you have the link its in my first post where you got all the others.. in my opinion .01.43.01p is the best i ever tried and .03 wasnt bad either.. so those are your 2 options
    btw way give it time you have to put alot things into prospective like weather conditions and etc. that will affect your radio singal and have you believe its bad... stick with .03 and call it a day thats stock 2.1
    here you go direct link to .03

http://www.4shared.com/account/file/ccf6_mwl/baseband03update.html?sId=FYqy6UchNDtHlNER
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
Search tags for this page
backup baseband radio file samsung s4
baseband android
how to recover baseband version in android
how to recover old baseband for android
how to recover tha original baseband version of android
how to reset baseband samsung galaxy s3
how to restore android baseband
how to restore baseband android
old baseband fix razr
reset baseband android