1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

restore Droid 1 without windows?

Discussion in 'Rescue Squad Help' started by E2K, Jan 21, 2011.

1. E2K

E2K New Member

I am very happy with the droid (which I can only use on wifi as there is no CDMA in europe) but after I rooted I started deleting the amazon mp3 app and other (IMO) unnecessary apps.

Then voice dialer came up. It always starts itself up, even though I never used it in my entire life. and It uses a few megabytes until I kill it off, so voice dialer something.apk had to go.

SO yeah, afterwards, dialer keeps force closing, so i can't press any buttons other than force close and then another dialog comes up, so yeah, i can't do anything.

I can only access the original restore app through power+x, the one with the big exclamation mark.

But I cannot find any compatible update.zip
    It is the USA Verizon Motorola Droid, which had the latest official updates, through the original official android update function on the phone itself.

I can access the sd card through a reader, so I can put the card in my laptop, and put the update.zip on there.

Could anyone please point me towards a real, official, original, compatible with the original firmware update.zip restore option built in to my verizon droid 1, update.zip file?
  2. E2K

E2K New Member

does anyone know this maybe?
  3. 252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz New Member

I can't offer too much help there but I know someone up here can. Its unbelieveable at some peoples skills up here. Hope you can get it solved tho

Sent from my rooted D2