restore Droid 1 without windows?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by E2K, Jan 21, 2011.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. E2K

E2K New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am very happy with the droid (which I can only use on wifi as there is no CDMA in europe) but after I rooted I started deleting the amazon mp3 app and other (IMO) unnecessary apps.

Then voice dialer came up. It always starts itself up, even though I never used it in my entire life. and It uses a few megabytes until I kill it off, so voice dialer something.apk had to go.

SO yeah, afterwards, dialer keeps force closing, so i can't press any buttons other than force close and then another dialog comes up, so yeah, i can't do anything.

I can only access the original restore app through power+x, the one with the big exclamation mark.

But I cannot find any compatible update.zip
    It is the USA Verizon Motorola Droid, which had the latest official updates, through the original official android update function on the phone itself.

I can access the sd card through a reader, so I can put the card in my laptop, and put the update.zip on there.

Could anyone please point me towards a real, official, original, compatible with the original firmware update.zip restore option built in to my verizon droid 1, update.zip file?
  2. E2K

E2K New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    does anyone know this maybe?
  3. 252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I can't offer too much help there but I know someone up here can. Its unbelieveable at some peoples skills up here. Hope you can get it solved tho

Sent from my rooted D2