Restore Contacts/Apps on replacement Droid?

Prodigy4

Reaction score
Helllloooo Droid Forums!

So today I have a question. On my Moto Droid, the keys on the qwerty keyboard are coming off! The T, Y, G, and H buttons to be specific (will post pics soon) so I went the Verizon store, and they're sending me a new Droid free of change (yay for me!) But I do have a couple questions that the guy wasn't too sure about, so hopefully you can help me out!

1. All the Apps that I have BOUGHT such as NBA Game Time, Juice Defender, and a couple Themes for PandaHome, will I be able to download them again for free?
2. The person said all of my contacts will transfer to my phone automatically when I put in my GMail Account, is this true?
3. He also said one of the reasons the keys were falling off was because of heat, and he recommended I get a case for my new Droid. I am thinking about getting the Seidio Innocase because I love my holster and this particular one is a case and holster. Do any of you have it? And if so, what do you think about it.

Thanks for all your help!!

Here's info about the case if you were wondering
Amazon.com: Seidio Innocase Holster Case Combo for Motorola Droid (Black): Cell Phones & Service

eliassami5

Reaction score
All your paid apps re tied in with your Gmail account, when you log in you will be able to dl all your paid apps for free.
Your free apps should restore them selves if you just set your phone down for the night or something but must ppl just back up their apps with astro and then transfer the sd card to their new phone and restore the apps. But obviously if you dont have your old phone you cant do that.
Your contacts will automatically sync themselves once you log in. That is if you did turn off auto sync on your old phone.

blakecorey

Reaction score
Contacts should automatically backup and restore via google. Apps can be done various ways but if you are looking for a way to save progress in say like angry birds or something, thats a little different. I use Android Transfer for apps, gives me the option to backup and restore from Android to PC.

Last edited:

noahrobert

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC one 9
FonePaw does a good job as previewing and exporting your contacts through a .VCF file, even support you to scan the deleted contacts from Android device. Check out the Android Data Recovery program, it is practical software to restore contacts from Android.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
FonePaw does a good job as previewing and exporting your contacts through a .VCF file, even support you to scan the deleted contacts from Android device. Check out the Android Data Recovery program, it is practical software to restore contacts from Android.
The last post in this thread before yours is about 2 years old. I would assume that the OP found a solution by now, or has upgraded their device.