Restore cellphone to before

restorer

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
ZTE N818
When I turn on my cellphone it says “Welcome to your N818S”. Below that is “copy your data” and “set up as new”. When I tap “set up as new” it say’s “Get connected”

How do I get the phone to work as before without connecting to a network?

OP
R

restorer

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
ZTE N818
I don't think my phone has a sim card

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
could not find any info about not having a sims but it seems most of the zte phones have them. open the case and check around or under the battery.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It sounds like you may have accidentally Factory Reset your phone (FDR) if you are seeing that screen. Do you remember if you went into the backup & reset Settings and selected Factory Restore / Reset?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
R

restorer

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
ZTE N818
No I don't think so. I did reset the phone once. The phone quit working right. I reset it and it started working right again. I had to re-enter contacts etc.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
No I don't think so. I did reset the phone once. The phone quit working right. I reset it and it started working right again. I had to re-enter contacts etc.
The good thing about saving Contacts as Google Contacts is no need to re-enter them after resetting a phone or buying a new one. They are saved to your G Mail Account forever.

It sounds like either the phone reset itself (not a normal thing that I am aware of, but not impossible) or the SIM card became dislodged or something.

What happens now when you turn your phone On?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk