Restore back to Stock Rom

blaconic

Reaction score
hey all, so i ran the squidly rom 2.3.20 and works great. i wanted to go back to stock. i have bootstrap and clockwork, ran the back up on cw before i changed, but cant seem to figure it out. is there a download rom to return to stock? sorry if this is a repost.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
There is a thread that gives you the stock ROM but it removes root. Did you do a nandroid backup before flashing the new ROM? If so its as easy as flashing your backup, if not you will have to flash stock sbf and reroot if you want to keep root. I'll see if I can find the thread with the stock sbf, if not I'll get on my laptop and attach the sbf for you.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

CD95YJ

Reaction score
When you boot into recovery there is the option to "back up and restore". If you select that option you can run a backup to flash back to if you have problems.

OP
B

blaconic

Reaction score
k and to do that i, from cw boot to recovery then hold x then what?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
If you are in clockwork recovery you should see the option to backup and restore. If not use your bootstrap app to boot into cw recovery. In cw recovery I believe you will select to mount system then run your backup you made and you should return to stick rom with root

OP
B

blaconic

Reaction score
Ok what ever I'm doing isn't working. Can anyone tell me where to get that stock rom. I don't mind re rooting

OP
B

blaconic

Reaction score
Thank you very much. Do u know if I unroot do I need to Basically undo everything I changed. Like overclocking and roms and stuff, before unrooting

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Nope, flashing back to stock will remove all of that for you. It will be like pulling it right out of the box.

Xenopha

Reaction score
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

So, I made a very very stupid mistake, I admit it. However, I didn't brick my phone so I am hopping not all is lost.

In short, I rooted to get rid of bloatware. I was able to root, got a file explorer, and started removing the bloatware on the list from this post:

Removing the Bloat 2.2 OTA - (3 Ways) Super Easy & Safe, Safe & Easy, Free

Only too late did I read that if I delete this stuff I can't do OTA updates. Didn't back-up either. I just got rid of crap like blockbuster, City ID, 3G Mobile Hotspot (mynet.apk). Ect.

So I found this post, which you referenced.

TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

So here is what I have done so far.

1. Downloaded RSD Lite v4.8
2. VRZ_A955_2.3.20_1FF_01.sbf
3. Installed RSD Lite v4.8
4. Downloaded Motorola_Mobile_Drivers_4.7.1_MotoConnect_1.1.31.exe
5. Installed Drivers
6. Turned on Debugging on my D2
7. Turned on PC Mode for the USB connection.

At first, RSD Lite could see my device and brought it up. But after I loaded VRZ_A955_2.3.20_1FF_01.sbf into the filename field, the Start button would not active (i.e., it stayed grayed out).

I reinstalled the drivers thinking that might have some effect, but no dice. Now, it won't see my D2. I uninstalled everything, reinstalled it, and still nothing.

My phone still works just fine, and I suppose I could reinstall the APK files (found instructions for that here How to Install APK files on your Google Android Phone), but if I can just start from scratch as if I had not started screwing around with it in the first place I would be very happy.

snowboarding1236

Reaction score
Can somebody help me?
So i rooted my phone installed this theme.
[THEME] Droid 1 Theme - xda-developers

I have a Droid 2. With Koushs Bootstrapper. For the D2 and DX. Also ROM Manager.
I didn't do a nandroid backup before i installed it.Is there anyway to restart and do a backup. I want a different theme,not this one.
If you know please tell me,I know i might have repeated this,but i have searched here and cannot find it. Thank you.

Last edited:

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Have you downloaded the ROM manager from the market. There are a lot of ROMs for the droid 1. As long as you wipe and data and cache you shouldn't have any issues flashing a new rom. Now you should have also flashed clockwork recovery which allows you to do the backup. If you want to backup a stock phone you will need to use rsd lite to flash the stock sbf such will remove root and the theme and you will have to start all over.

snowboarding1236

Reaction score
Have you downloaded the ROM manager from the market. There are a lot of ROMs for the droid 1. As long as you wipe and data and cache you shouldn't have any issues flashing a new rom. Now you should have also flashed clockwork recovery which allows you to do the backup. If you want to backup a stock phone you will need to use rsd lite to flash the stock sbf such will remove root and the theme and you will have to start all over.

Sorry i didnt state that i have a droid 2. Also yes i do have ROM manager and DX/D2 Bootstrapper,by Koush

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Follow the TBH guide in the post(s) above this. That will return you to stock with the latest ota update. Reroot your phone and do a backup. I had to do the same thing because I got use to ROM manager doing it for me. Remember to mount the system before doing your backup, just as you did to install the theme.
Unfortunately without a stock backup this is the only way I know how to get it, but you can certanly flash other ROMs and replace the one you have without the stock ROM backup.