Restore Apps?

breichard

Reaction score
If I do a hard reset (or whatever the right name for that function is) to my Droid 2, how do I go about getting all of my apps back? I'm hoping that maybe the list of apps is somehow attached to my gmail account and I would be prompted to reinstall them. Or something like that.

The reason I ask is ... something's not quite right with my corporate sync account (a 2nd one shows up in the accounts list and it won't delete it), so I was thinking about starting over on this handset. I realized that I don't know what the disaster recovery procedure is for this phone.

Thanks,
Bob

stabl4life82

Reaction score
download titanium backup it will restore all ur apps automatically as soon as u start back up ur phone after a wipe, etc

OP
B

breichard

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll check that out. Does it restore accounts, too? I would want to have it ignore that for this one time, since that's what I'm trying to get rid of.

I guess now I also have to figure out how you go about doing a hard reset...

Thanks again.

OP
B

breichard

Reaction score
I don't have my phone rooted. I haven't spent the time to figure out what the issues/consequences are of doing so.

If I choose to just manually re-download the apps, will the market at least remember that I have already bought them?

stabl4life82

Reaction score
yes u will still have ur paid apps... that has to do with the google account u sign into when u restore ur phone...and i should have asked if u were rooted..lol