Restore Apps - After Reset

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
I had to do a factory reset...

Will my apps automatically reload? Is there a way to force a reload so they go faster?

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
My guess is no, but if you go the the Market they MIGHT show that they were installed???

Vitticeps

Reaction score
If you go to the market and go to the downloads page (menu>downloads) they will all be listed but you will have to manually install them all again.

I'd recommend getting Astro File Manager and doing periodic application backups with it. Makes reinstalling apps a breeze after a reset.

uscjoel

Reaction score
Will you lose all info saved in those apps...like passwords saved in a vault app?

Will you lose info in games? imobsters?

bomber889

Reaction score
In the future, get titanium backup, it is very useful for backing and restoring your apps.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Possible that game settings will survive if they were saved to the SD card by the app. If the app used internal storage for settings then it will be gone.

OP
M

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
Thanks for the backup suggestions.. I wish I had know about them before I did the reset.. But I was stuck in an endless loop of FC and did not have a choice.. I basically lost all my apps because none automatically redownloaded. some ...like Quick Settings I can't even find

Reaction score
It will not automatically redownload the apps. You have to either go to market under "my downloads" and redownload em or next time use astro file manager or titanum backup like it was stated

OP
M

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
I had to have my phone replaced.. when they did that..some but not all of my apps loaded themselves..
The downloads only shows what I have downloaded.. not what I had on the phone before the reset