Restore an item from the trash can?

Silent

Reaction score
Restoring Factory App

Hi Stig,

I think I have an idea for you. I also have a Droid2 and am just getting familiar with its features. And, like you, I inadvertently "trashed" a widget that I thought I didn't want. (In my case, it was my News widget - it was full of celebrity highlights and I didn't realize at the time that I could customize using other news feeds.) I tried many of the things that you did until I recalled that I still had my "starter" tips from the company. (This is the simple wallet-sized brochure provided with your phone.) Anyway, I was able to restore the "news widget" I was seeking and found the name of the widget I believe you are referring to.

I think the widget you need is called, "Picture Frame Plus Widget" and like others who posted earlier, you can find it located in the "Motorola" widgets.

To access the Motorola widgets, simply rest your finger on the screen until the phone vibrates and the menu appears. Find the desired widget, hold it and it will be transferred to your screen. (Just make sure you add it to the screen where you want to house it. I initially added mine to the homepage, and then couldn't "swipe" it to a back page causing me to trash it and install again.)

Good Luck!

OP
Stig

Stig

Reaction score
Nope, that's not it either but thanks Silent - hope you're not "deadly" too :icon_wink:

Hollym59

Reaction score
Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia
I have the exact same problem!

Have you found a solution yet?
I've only had my Droid 2 for 2 weeks and this "photo viewer widget" (don't know the exact name) was there from the get-go. I've downloaded another app (Quick Pic) to manage my photos -- and deleted my "viewer" thinking Quick Pic would provide a better one. But it does NOT -- I want an interactive widget back that lets me view and scroll through my pics right from a home-screen panel.
Any advice?

OP
Stig

Stig

Reaction score
Eeeayyeah but no.

Still not the one I was looking for Holly but thanks for giving it a go :)