Restarting when charging

rochpersdef

Reaction score
My Droid restarts itself when I plug it in to charge. Here's what I have found:

If it's turned off(shutdown) it restarts when I plug it in, either to the PC or the wall.

If it's on when I plug it in, then I shut it down, it restarts.

What's it supposed to do? I'd like it to stay off all night.....

ShowTime

Reaction score
^ Exactly. Phone will always be on/turn back on when you plug it in. Your only choice is to decide whether the screen times out while plugged in or stays on the whole time.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
This is true.. you can't shut the phone off while charging... best thing to do is turn the volume all the way down... or if you're trying to give the appearance of your phone being off ... such as calls going directly to voicemail so your ex-girlfriend will leave you alone.... go into settings and put it in airplane mode at night so all your communications are off and your alarm will still work in the morning... hope that helps... Aloha

OP
R

rochpersdef

Reaction score
The issue is that I get calls late at night that I'll let go to VM. I would rather it not ring 11 times for the caller until they get the VM message. I also get emails all the time that would just buzz the thing off the table. If I put it in Airplane mode, will it still ring silently or will the calls go to VM sooner...

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Exactly what airplane mode does.... your callers won't hear a dozen rings... your e-mail notifications won't come through untill you go back live in the morning... it turns off communications in your phone so it looks off to the network... there's a lot of widgets for this in the marketplace too... I use beautiful widgets... one click to airplane mode and one click to go back to normal