Restart opens stock music player

Gillyanne

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VZW Note 3
With the Lollipop update, I've experienced (like many on VZW) that when I lose cell signal, it doesn't automatically pick back up when I'm back in better signal, thus I have to restart. Being that I live in an area with low signal, this is basically every day. Most days when I restart my N3 my stock music player automatically opens, displaying on the lock screen. When I restart it was not open, nor was it in running tasks (I have a habit of force closing all apps periodically through use). While it does not happen 100% of the time, it is happening majority of the time (maybe even 90%.) The music doesn't start playing automatically (thank goodness), but having it come up on the lock screen is becoming annoying. Also each time it opens like this it displays a different song from the last album or playlist I was listening to (days before) so it's not picking up where I last listened.

Does any one know why this may be happening?

OP
G

Gillyanne

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VZW Note 3
So I may have fixed it myself, I removed the Music player widget and it has not done it yet. I've only had to restart a few times, but the player hasn't started those times.