Restart Loop after Updating

wildrage

Reaction score
Not to scare anybody, but I just wanted to report what happened this morning, after I upgraded via the manual way (update.zip) last night.

I looked over at my phone this morning and it was just doing a loop between the droid "Eye" , and the driod logo (that you see when it starts up)...just over and over again. The phone was very warm. Thankfully, when I pulled the battery, all was well and it restarted fine.

I haven't installed anything new, so I just find it a little weird that I just updated and this is the first time that this has happened.

Just a 'heads up.'

jsg7377

Reaction score
I actually had the same problem EXACT problem you are experiencing. Very weird. I am sorry to say that I was not able to fix it, and neither could the tech reps at my local vzw store. They replaced it without a hassle because it was within 30 days.

If you are out of your 30-day return, you can call custom service and tell them your problem. They will 2-day ship you a new one if they can't fix it over the phone. I had to do that once with my Blackberry, and I asked if they could note my account to just pick one up in-store (I told them I was going to be out of town for the next two weeks) and they let me do it. The only down side is, if you are not within 30 days you get a refurb. But because they are so new, they may not have many refurbs in stock.

I am very surprised to hear we had the same problem. The only difference was I did not update, I did a factory reset. Something must be buggy.

I know with my Pre, I could use what they called a WebOS doctor, which just "re-flashed" the firmware. I am new to Android, maybe there is a way to do it.