Resisted the charge today :)

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by tsitalon1, May 14, 2011.

1. tsitalon1

tsitalon1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Saw it and played with it for 10mins.....

My thoughts:

Screen is beautiful as others have mentioned.
    Touchwiz seemed kinda bad.
    Phone didn't lag at all, seemed as fast as the TB I returned after 12 days.
    Nice size really
    Camera is freaking great!

Why are so many people against the DC and looking forward to the Galaxy S2 when the Galaxy S2 is only 3g? I don't get it. Why knock the RFS files system so badly on this device and then praise the 3g Galaxy S2???

I know it's not the most advanced phone around, but why wait to buy the Galaxy S2 with all it's advances and still be on 3g?

2. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    S2 has gingerbread, gig of ram, same screen, way thinner and lighter, 2 day battery.

And will probably be 70$cheaper....or more.

Oh yeah...the vast majority of the us doesn't have 4g...so why saddle yourself with a big ass phone with bad battery life?

3. tsitalon1

tsitalon1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0

I get all of this, but most likely if you travel to any major city you will have 4g and also would be grandfathered into the 4g unlimited for 29.99.

Still doesn't address the RFS issue people seem to bring up every 5 secs on the DC and NOT the Galaxy S2.

I'm torn :)

4. bigdad63

bigdad63 Member

Ratings:
    +25
    We can be certain the GS2 will only be 3G?? Is there a reliable source for this info? That could definitely sway my next phone purchase decision.

5. salem667

salem667 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea, the screen looks good... Its super almoud...(spelling) but im waiting on DX2.... Way better, still 3g, but 4g unlimited was already suspose to end.... Then it gets very expensive, and with 3g clearing up it will run faster.... I know.... Not ad fast, but with dual processor, so much better then anything samsung or htc can ever put out!!!!!

Droid X

6. tsitalon1

tsitalon1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0

My understanding is that it's 3g only, I'm 90% certain.

7. npro1464

npro1464 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    If I didn't read these stupid message boards, I would have already ordered it. I want the $30/month unlimited 4g plan, I love the screen display, I want 4g, and I really don't care about dual core processors or playing games. Honestly, I played with the phone yesterday and TouchWiz isn't all that bad. They're all kind of the same, and while I'd prefer Sense, I think I would even prefer TouchWiz over MotoBlur. Unfortunately, I dont think there will be a lot of dev support, which turns me off. I'm still undecided. :/

8. bigdad63

bigdad63 Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Was the one you played with snappy? The one I tried had only 2 or 3 D/Led programs and was slower in transitions than my rooted D1 (1000 mhz). Don't care much for touch wiz, but I'm sure ADW or Launcher Pro will fix that. Like you, I loved the screen. I'm starting to wonder though if the one I used was defective because the brightness (on Maximum) was less than my D1 and that goes contrary to all of the reviews I have read.

9. Droid101

Droid101 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Had to of because with the screen brightness all the way up the phone was way too brright. The funny thing is I can have the screen brightness as low as it can go and it still be too bright.

Also Im running ADW launcher and it is much faster than touchwiz no lag (even though I experienced none on TW)

10. plutonium0587

plutonium0587 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My dad has an upgrade and is trying to get in on Android. He is coming aroma Palm Treo lol. He is between the X and Charge. They don't have 4g where he lives and I just told him to go with the cheaper X. Anyone have any opinions between the two and if the Charge would really be worth it for someone like him? He wants to be able to take descent pictures and have a big screen. Seemed like DX would be sufficient.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

11. czm2000

czm2000 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Camera on the Charge is quite good. The best on a smartphone that I've used to date. I just came from the X though and that is a solid phone. The camera is not bad but the Charge's canera is definitely an improvement over it though.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

12. elucid

elucid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How is the speed compared to the DX?