RESET Phone for Return

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by luv2increase, May 14, 2010.

1. luv2increase

luv2increase New Member

Hello everyone!

I "may" return my Droid to get the Incredible. I'm not certain for sure yet though.

What is the best way to go about resetting the phone back to stock?

The two ways that I know of are:
    1. Using ROM Manager>Download ROM>Stock Images>Verizon Droid 2.1
    2. Settings>Privacy>Factory Data Reset

Will #2 work as well? Also, should I then format the SD card after the stock image is flashed?

I really appreciate any and all help! Thanks!

EDIT: I'm currently running Bugless Beast 1.0 which was flashed using ROM Manager.
  2. LtKen

LtKen New Member

Do an SBF Restore, and then format the SD card.
  3. LtKen

LtKen New Member

Also, not to burst a bubble, but two of my co-workers have Incredibles, and they spend their days not being rooted, griping about battery life (phones dead after 8 hours), and sometimes dealing with dropped calls in places that I can carry out entire conversations. Yesterday, one of these guys drove home, and he had no signal and couldnt dial out, and I had a 10 minute conversation with my fiance.

Not sure if this is common fare for that phone, but I'm convinced it needs another round of development before I jump on the HTC bandwagon.
  4. luv2increase

luv2increase New Member

So, I should go into ROM Manager, Flash Alternate Recover (SPRecovery 0.99.3b), reboot into recovery and I'll be given the option there to restore to factory image?

I created a nandroid backup, but it was after the phone was already rooted. Are you saying that SPRecovery has the stock images already?

Also, what would the advantage of using SPRecovery over Clockworkmod recovery when reverting back to stock imagess?

Thanks!
  5. LtKen

LtKen New Member

No, do an SBF Restore. This will wipe out SPRecovery and CMR and return the phone to it's out of the box state. If you have either of them on your phone, and a VZW tech finds it, they you will lose the ability to return your phone.
  6. luv2increase

luv2increase New Member

Ok, is the stock image already included when I installed SPRecovery, or do I have to download a seperate update.zip of the stock 2.1?
  7. mach330

mach330 New Member

i do agree..battery life kind'a sux compare to the droid. but there are many tips/tricks which made it liveable for me now. going to try to get teh seidio 1750mah battery next. i can last 24 hrs with the dinc (which is fine with me). my wife has the droid and her signal bars are one or two higher than my dinc, but its' really just the display. once i go into network settings, our signal strength number are pretty equal.
  8. LtKen

LtKen New Member

We didnt check signal level, since it didnt seem to matter. He couldnt call out, and sitting next to him, I held a 10 minute conversation.

I hear the Sedio battery helps, I just think it's BS that you need to drop an extra $50 to get the phone to do what it should have done out of the box.
Search tags for this page
before returning my phone do i factory reset on my samsung p

can i wipe my droid phone if there is no display

reset phone before returning

returning a rooted phone should i just factory reset
should i factory rest my phone before returning
should i reset my droid before return
should i reset my phone before returning it
should i reset phone if returning
should i wipe my cell phone before i return it
should you do a factory wipe before returning your phone bac
wipe droid phone before returning