Reset my phone, missing wifi networks

Scott0719

Reaction score
I factory reset my phone yesterday just to do it. I just realized that it didn't restore my wifi networks that were saved. At what point does it do that during the restore process? Is it something that's done automatically or do I have to do it? Can I do it now without resetting my phone again? I hope not I just downloaded 70 something apps and set everything up again.

jaye712

Reaction score
Scott0719 said:
I factory reset my phone yesterday just to do it. I just realized that it didn't restore my wifi networks that were saved. At what point does it do that during the restore process? Is it something that's done automatically or do I have to do it? Can I do it now without resetting my phone again? I hope not I just downloaded 70 something apps and set everything up again.

As i understand it,n my own experience, u dnt gotta reset ur phone agian..U normally have to reconnect it agian after doin a fdr..

jaye712

Reaction score
Btw,If ur missing wifi netwrks,iam not too much of a tech person but i know the simple stuff u can try....have u tryed unplugging ur modem n router for 10seconds/turn off your phone..then turn both on agian n see if u see any netwrks..if not,try typin in ur netwrk name,n set it yourself on the phone n save it n see if it helps any..if anything iam sure the folks on here can help u out

OP
S

Scott0719

Reaction score
It's not that I can't connect to a network. It just didn't restore all the networks that I had connected to before.

Does anyone know if resetting it again would work? At what point during the restore process does it restore this stuff? I thought it would be when I put my Gmail account in.

TatDroid

Reaction score
I haven't done a "factory data reset" myself, but I was under the impression that it wipes all user data and restores it to how it left the "factory". Any restore after a FDR could only be done if an app was used to do a backup before the FDR. I think there are LOTS of backup apps, and some back up more different types of data than others. I'm not sure what apps may back up wifi network settings.

Which app did you use to do your backup?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Scott, what tatdroid said is true, when doing an fdr, it erases all user data and to restore that data would have to come from using a backup app that was used before doing the fdr or settings that are saved in your google account. Your phone should detect any Wi-Fi networks when you are in range of the network. Once the Wi-Fi is detected, you may have to put in the pass-code in order to connect to that Wi-Fi.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
S

Scott0719

Reaction score
But I've done factory resets before and bought a brand new phone and it always restored all the wifi networks that I connected to. Connecting isn't the issue. It's the fact I have to connect that is the issue.

OP
S

Scott0719

Reaction score
Under privacy it says back up app data, wifi passwords and other settings to Google servers. So how do I restore that data?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It should restore that data when you signed into your google email address on the phone. For some reason, it is possible some information did not get properly backed up in google or the phone is not properly recognizing the data. Typically what I have had to do is re-enter my Wi-Fi pass-codes when my phone is in range of the Wi-Fi. Once that is done once, I do not have to do it again. I believe, but don't remember for certain, that the list of used Wi-Fi's were automatically there but I always have to re-enter the codes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums