Reset my Moto Droid

smolander

Reaction score
I've been installing, uninstalling, playing with apps, tiring of some, but finding some gems. This morning I had a problem opening the native email application, so figured it was a good time for a hard reset.

I was pleased in how easily it was to recover from a complete dump and restart. All of the apps I had installed were re-installed (but seemingly not activated until I opened for the first time). The purchased apps I've loaded then removed are still listed and shown as "purchased" but not installed.

In restarting, I learned that no matter how many exchange (corporate) accounts you set up, only the first account is sync'ed to the Corporate Calendar. Now I have my corporate email, contacts and calendar sync'ed, my personal exchange account email and contacts sync'ed and my personal calendar sync'ing through Google and shown in the Google Calendar.

All of my internet bookmarks, pandora channels, SportsTap teams, etc were all set up as I had them before the reboot.

This is so much better than my old WinMo device where EVERYTHING was lost when I had to wipe the device.

This is a GREAT device! I'm lovin' it!

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
On home screen hit the menu button, then settings. From there go to privacy, and then factory data reset. I had to do this and thought I would have to download everything again, but was pleasantly surprised to find that everything is backed up. So glad I took back my Imagio for the Droid.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
On home screen hit the menu button, then settings. From there go to privacy, and then factory data reset. I had to do this and thought I would have to download everything again, but was pleasantly surprised to find that everything is backed up.

Only true if you use a Gmail account.....Or manually back up the data.

DroidGurl

Reaction score

metsnfins

Reaction score
so what does resetting do exactly if the aps are still there?

my phone seems to be freezing up so im considering it