Reset battle stats with new battery?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by smmfc, Jan 4, 2011.

1. smmfc

smmfc Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Im getting a new battery for my Droid should I reset the battery stats on my phone after I put in the new one or just pop it in and leave it alone?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. MrBlippy

MrBlippy Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +0
    Reset stats
  3. Relex

Relex Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd reset the stats. When I first flashed bb again I thought my battery was reading right but then last night my phone said it was down to 40% when I flashed a new kernel and when it turned back on it read 60%. So starting this morning I've been working on resetting my battery and now I'm waiting for it to go completely dead so it can be recharged.
  4. JLangevin

JLangevin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Its considered best practices to wipe the battery stats when installing new roms.

Fully charge the battery to 100% (make sure charging LED is off)
    Reboot into Recovery
    Wipe battery stats
    Reboot device
    Use device normally until phone self powers off due to drained cell
    recharge battery to full (Important: Do not remove the device from the charger or use the device until the battery is 100% full again)

For good measure, I always let the device completely die again on the second charge.

Ive also noticed with this ROM that my battery goes from 50% to 20% skipping 40 and 30. I have yet to wipe me stats though so I cant blame the ROM just yet.
  5. thesandman00

thesandman00 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I finally did the battery stat wipe last night and am now thoroughly impressed with BB6.1. Managed to get 35 hours on the one charge on my normal usage. Good stuff.
  6. srroos

srroos Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just recently got a new battery and reset the stats. Draining and recharging fully has helped life and the percent skipping issues I had before.

Also, if you use a utility that will show the battery voltage (Android System Information) can you post the max and min values you see with the new battery? Initially, I was at around 4000mV at 100% and 3500mV at 5%, but after a couple cycles it seems that 100% is up around 4100mV. I'm curious how much this can improve with use.
  7. smmfc

smmfc Member

Ratings:
    +1
    When I flash a new rom I tester and let it die at nigh when I charge the phone I tend to put it in airplaine mode.from time to time to get an uninterupted charge just my battery now is to tue point it'll drop from 100% to 80% in the first hour with almost no use

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
Search tags for this page

android reset battery stat

battery battle stats
reset s4 battery stat