Resending texts on reboot

superglen99

Reaction score
hey guys I have CM6 stock i.e. no themes. I did the proper install with a full wipe as well. Every time I reboot my phone it resends many of my old texts from days ago. Its so regular that last night I rebooted my phone while at work and my wife texts me asking if I just rebooted my phone cause she got all these olders texts. I anybody else seeing this and have a solution? thanks.

lakingscrzy

Reaction score
Are they texts that actually sent? This happens to me all the time, I'll reboot my phone, and get a text that's a response to a question I asked days ago. Took me a while to figure out. The reason is because when a text doesn't send(fails), it sits in a failed delivery box, then when you reboot it, it tries to resend it.

OP
superglen99

superglen99

Reaction score
Yes they are sent because the person says they get the texts a 2nd time when I reboot the phone. When texts aren't sent I get a notification and that's not the case here.

OP
superglen99

superglen99

Reaction score
Still don't have a solution for this and its still happening. Fixing permissions and *228 have not helped at all. Help!

sherrera7118

Reaction score
a fix

turning off the location will stop resending old texts. you can turn the location right back on.