Rescue the Rescue Squad section

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by teddyearp, Jan 6, 2011.

1. teddyearp

teddyearp Active Member

Yeah, this isn't really a topic that's not Droid related, but it's something that's been bugging me for quite a while here. And forgive me for my ??? (i can't think of the word, I'm sure someone will; it has to do with me not being part of the staff) in this thread.

IMHO the rescue squad area at this site is too scattered and tattered. When I go there, there's so many threads scattered from so many different phone users everywhere that it's a virtual nightmare. Is there any thought as to cleaning it up per phone model? Adding more sections for each phone model that has a sub-forum at this site? And maybe taking everything (or just the good thins) in the "Rescue Squad Guides" and moving them to the "Droid FAQ" section?

I mean I thought JimMariner's post was a good one, but unfortunately it's not well followed:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ve...se-keep-area-original-droid-d1-questions.html

I guess the bottom line is why do we need "Rescue Squad Help" and everything "Rescue Squad General" if IMHO it would be better to have them broke out by phone model?

Just more musing and rambling by teddyearp . . . . .
  2. teddyearp

teddyearp Active Member

:bump: shameless bump?
  3. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

I believe each model should have their own RS, also. I agree with you, it's too scattered.
  4. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    First time I saw this thread. Not a shameless bump since it's been two weeks since you posted it and there were no responses.

We're trying to clean things up in other forums (and every major phone has its own dedicated forum -- the Fascinate just got its own RS over on Samsung Fascinate Forum for example), and the new android.net promises to help.

However, yes, cleaning things up a bit might help some, but the problem becomes people still need to read or else they post where they want anyway. :)
  5. teddyearp

teddyearp Active Member

And that is what I was getting at. However:

Another website is not the answer. This website is the one I was trying to address. And to further, the android.net website, although was broken down to different phone models, it still had only one RS area.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011