Rescue me!

_33

Reaction score
I'm stumped and not sure what to do. I have some experience rooting, but that was pretty much just following directions on the great "how to's" here on this forum. So this is what's going on...

2 months ago my Droid 1 goes missing while at work. I make a claim and get new Droid 1.

Yesterday I'm digging through a tool bucket and see missing Droid at the bottom. Screen is cracked and it's covered in crap, but I plug it into a charger and it powers up. Screen works fine, everything runs smooth. I put a cheapo screen protector I have laying around on it so the glass doesn't fall out. I figure I'll order a new piece of glass and try to install it. Nice project for me one weekend. I notice it's on my home wifi and still syncing with my gmail. I try to do a factory reset... that's where the problem started.

After doing the reset it reboots and I still see my "contact owner" info on the lock screen. The reset should have deleted all apps, so I know something is wrong.

When I slide the unlock thingy over to unlock it, it goes into a mini reboot. Not all the way to the "M" logo, but to the the red logo thing. The volume slide works, meaning if I slide it to mute it doesn't reboot.

I was running BB .4 and using SPRecovery for any updates.

I can not get into recovery

I can get in the boot loader screen

It just reboots to the lock screen and the circle of aggravation continues.

Not sure what to do.

Also, my POS Alien Ware laptop died again. That's where I had RSD and all my files and book marks saved so I could easily make my way through any issues I have had.

I tried to download RSD on my 6 yo son's laptop running Windows 7 Ultimate. I keep getting some error that the package isn't verified or some crap. My head hurts and rather than make this Droid fly into a wall I came here.

HELP?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just FYI - After filing an insurance claim the ESN on the lost device is labeled as "bad" through the insurance company and VZW making it illegal to activate the device

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App :wink:

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So the download of RSD on the laptop is giving you that error? Have you tried a different download source?

OP
_33

_33

Reaction score
Just FYI - After filing an insurance claim the ESN on the lost device is labeled as "bad" through the insurance company and VZW making it illegal to activate the device

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App :wink:

I understand that. I wasn't planning on activating it. Just using it for something to play MP3's with or to just mess with. Everything worked on my home wifi, so I thought it would be fine to mess with. I thought about calling Asurion and sending it in, but I still need to unroot it or make sure it's not possible to know I had it rooted.

So the download of RSD on the laptop is giving you that error? Have you tried a different download source?

No I have not. I downloaded it from one of the root threads here. I then read through 50+ pages to see if someone else had that issue, but couldn't find anything. I've been going through this process since 9am, on and off while watching football.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Since the screen was cracked and stuff, I have a hunch that the problems you're experiencing with the Droid are hardware related especially since sliding out the keyboard makes it go wonky as well.

Just my .02

good luck

OP
_33

_33

Reaction score
Since the screen was cracked and stuff, I have a hunch that the problems you're experiencing with the Droid are hardware related especially since sliding out the keyboard makes it go wonky as well.

Just my .02

good luck

Here's the thing, I messed with it for a good 30 minutes before I tried to do a factory reset. It's not sliding the keyboard out that makes it go into reboot. It's when I slide the unlock screen thing over.

You may be right though. It may just be busted.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Ok, gotcha now. I don't know why I read it as the keyboard slide instead of the what you said, the lockscreen. So, if you want to try some more software related stuff, try doing the factory data reset again and see if then it will boot into SPRecovery.

good luck

OP
_33

_33

Reaction score
I can't get into the phone to do a reset. When I slide the screen unlock over itmini reboots. I was thinking if I reflash the phone using RSD that might get me in. Then reroot and all that over again.