Requirement of SIM Card?

theunknownn

Reaction score
So just down I turned my phone off, removed the SIM card and rebooted. I was still able to make calls and everything seemed functional as well.. is it really only used for storage of contacts and international roaming? Or could I put that card into another VZW phone and have the same number? Like how my friends have been able to do in Europe and on AT&T

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

spottedcatfish

Reaction score
It's really just for international roaming. When your phone is in the US, or in a country with a supported CDMA network, it will use that. And it's hard-wired not to use GSM networks in the US. I don't think it'll work in another GSM phone because Verizon doesn't have a GSM network in the US. It might work abroad, but if you've got an unlocked phone in another country, why on Earth are you using Verizon for your international calling when there are a ton of cheaper alternatives out there?

OP
theunknownn

theunknownn

Reaction score
Understandable, thanks yea that does make sence. For example on the SIM card it has the logo for VZW and Vodaphone, i was recently in England and saw that company as one if the main cellular carriers, so if I moved to Europe permanetey, would be able to just cancel my vzw coverage and use this phone to subscribe to Vodaphone?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums