[Request] X Not booting- Have I tried everything?

Blackbirdgirl

Reaction score
I charged last night as usual and when i turned it on this am it began doing the "droid to red eye droid to red eye droid to red eye" thing, which it had never done before. When I removed the battery it made no difference, when I put it back in the phone it continues to do the "droid red eye" dance until it is drained. It will not turn on at all unless its plugged into the wall. It is not recognized by the laptop when connected but the green light comes on the phone, although I cannot turn it on. Clearing the cache did nothing. Hard rebooting did nothing. (Did both using the HOME/POWER/SEARCH method) Occasionally the battery icon comes on with an exclamation point. (of course, I have nothing backed up) and I have not added anything wacky or hacked it or anything. I have not dropped my phone or taken it for a swim. Has anyone heard of something like this? Help?

jonathon1289

Reaction score
No idea what happened, but sounds like you may have to SBF back to stock. That really stinks if you don't have any backup.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jonathon1289

Reaction score
Before doing the SBF, you may try doing a factory data reset. Go into recovery like you did to clear the cache, and wipe data instead.

OP
B

Blackbirdgirl

Reaction score
the options my recovery system give me are:
reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

I have rebooted, then wiped cache, rebooted, wipe data/factory reset (2ce) and rebooted. Nothing changing thus far. Did I do it right?
There are yellow error messages at the bottom of the screen that say
E: Cant mount CACHE: recovery/command
E:Cant finish MISC:
(I/O error)
E: Cant mount CACHE:recovery/log
E:Cant finish MISC:
(I/O error)

Ugh. I have no idea what im doing...

CD95YJ

Reaction score
If you were not rooted and your phone has spazzed out it might not be fixable, you may be getting a new one.

jonathon1289

Reaction score
The only other thing I know to tell you is boot the phone to the bootloader (not recovery) and plug into the computer and try to SBF it. This will wipe everything and go back to the stock factory image.

You will need the Motorola drivers, Rsdlite, and the factory image. If I was on my computer I would post links to help you out, but a search of the forum will help. One of the posts is stickied I know.