[Request] Music Mod Controls toggling

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Coolsaber57, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 New Member

Chevy,

I love your music controls, and I had an idea.

For toggling them on/off, I'm wondering if it's possible to mod the Power Control Widget to include that setting.

Probably wishful thinking and not worth your time, but it'd be cool :p
  2. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I could - however, I'm thinking the only reason to toggle on/off would be because it's too easy to accidentally start music - with the latest patch, is that still happening? Or is there another reason to want this?
  3. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 New Member

Yep, when I grip the phone or I have it in my pocket, I still sometimes hit the play/pause button, so I leave the controls off until I launch the music app/pandora.

I don't know if anyone else does that, but it happens to me quite a bit. I wonder if it's because I don't have a case on it that it makes it easier to hit.
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  4. audioman42

audioman42 New Member

Did you notice that you can toggle the music controls on/off with a hard press of the camera button?
  5. sincerity

sincerity New Member

this actually happened to me at the bar last night, I guess somehow it was toggled in my pocket...I didn't hear it *thank god* until I went to the bathroom and heard Adam Lambert's single playing in my pocket... so many gay jokes could be made I know I know...I might have caught some flack for that if the guys had heard...but hey it's a catchy tune :)
  6. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 New Member

Actually i thought that Chevy had changed that with Patch #2. Basically, if they are on, and the camera button gets a hard press in my pocket, music will play. I don't have a problem with the controls in general, in fact I like them.

I'm wondering though if there's a way to either add toggling of the controls to the power control widget for easy access, or perhaps some way to have the controls enabled all the time, but only work with applications that have been launched.

Basically, when I am walking around not listening to music, I don't want a camera button press to launch an app and start playing music, but if I have a music app open, then I'd like it to control the app.

This may stem from the fact that I don't like to use a case and the button is easy to hit.
  7. sranger

sranger New Member

Yea,

Even with the update, it still occasionally start in my pocket. I just leave it off unless I am using the MP3/Pandora a lot ( like in the car, plane, etc.... )
  8. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 New Member

Another idea could be to map the toggle to a "Long press" of the camera button, like the volume buttons. This may be the easiest solution.

Edit: that might not work, because you still have to hit the hard press (the play/pause button) to turn off the controls...thus playing music when you actually want to disable the controls lol.
  9. wickedkae

wickedkae New Member

i wish this feature could truely be disabled. it ruins widgetlocker.
Search tags for this page

music control toggle

power toggles music controls