[Request] If possible :)

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by rmart88, Jun 14, 2011.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. rmart88

rmart88 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Was snooping around over on Liquid's forum and came across a request thread. In it I found this idea (all credit goes to rsimpson). I think this would pretty pretty sweet, but would require integrating into each app that utilizes notifications (messaging, email, gmail {handcent, GoSMS, K9 mail})... so idk if it is really feasible from a ROM perspective. any way, here is rsimpson's idea:

"It would be the bees-knees if notification dropdown items could be customized to do different things based on whether they were swiped left or right.

For example... gmail email notifications... if it's a single email in the inbox, allow the user to swipe the item left to archive the email or right to delete it. Bingo... no having to go into the email app to keep the inbox clean.

Calendar event notifications.... swipe left to snooze, right to dismiss.

etc... etc..."

What do you guys think? Chevy, could this be feasible?
  2. listenman20

listenman20 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    feasible or not i personally wouldn't like it. there's too many time i go t o press a notification and it will swipe away rather than open the app. i'm sure it's my own fault for how i press a screen but every since i started using GB ROMs i have this problem. the screen is just a bit too sensitive. there's even time when i goto press an app on my homescreen instead of opening the app it'll slide to the next screen.