[REQUEST]GoogleVoice App

chewy74

Reaction score
There is a serious shortage of apps for one of the greatest google features, Google Voice.

Anyone intrested in picking up where this left off? or at least port it to work on 2.1 ESE81? It won't authenticate log in info

Evan Charlton :: GV

motodroid34

Reaction score
Do I still need google invite to use this app?
If yes. Never mine, I been waiting for google invite for almost a year.

Dont think is happening any more.

tu3218

Reaction score
I've never really payed much attention to this google voice, but does it just take all your numbers(home, work, cell) and put them into one number an then all your calls come to your cell?

bje1982

Reaction score
I've never really payed much attention to this google voice, but does it just take all your numbers(home, work, cell) and put them into one number an then all your calls come to your cell?

Exactly.. You could give out your google voice # and choose what phone to ring at specified times of the day.. For instance if your at work from 9-5 you could set it to ring your work phone til 5 then your cell after that.. You can also use it to text over the web right from the phone.

Did either of you search "Google Voice" in Market? Theres already an app for that and even if someone else makes an app for it youll still need an invite to get a Google Voice phone #...

Did you see this thread for invites? http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid/11807-google-voice.html

I just post a request there thank you

Your welcome.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think its pretty good as-is. However in my opinion (forgive me of wonderful google) I think that ALL google apps could use a little kick in them, I mean gmail is lame, even the google calendar app should have all that it has on the desktop version... blaaa

OP
chewy74

chewy74

Reaction score
yes, but thanks for the suggestion. I have Google Voice callback by Xinlu installed from market, but it doesn't work very well. it will connect most of the time, but when you choose to callout in 'normal' mode it will just loop back to the same prompt asking you to choose again...then when you choose to make the the call using the callback app it will close after hanging for a while (NOT FC).

so the app doesn't work very well, nor is it very reliable for basic use. since the market only has this one listed (that i could find) that has the callback feature I started this thread to ask the question.

...and there are plenty of people who already has an invite and will receive them in the future, so im sure an alternative to the native GV app will be useful to them.

Did either of you search "Google Voice" in Market? Theres already an app for that and even if someone else makes an app for it youll still need an invite to get a Google Voice phone #...

Did you see this thread for invites? http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid/11807-google-voice.html

OP
chewy74

chewy74

Reaction score
**mods, if you feel this is more appropriate in the 'Android App Developers' section then pls move.

Thanks