request for i am tpain and peggle

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Any way to get these two apps for Android? Please develop!

Contacting the developer is probably the best idea. I've seen the request for these before and it may be that the developer is already working on it. The more that contact them the more they will know there is a market for their product on the Android platform and the more likely they will be to produce it.

rusray

Reaction score
Any way to get these two apps for Android? Please develop!

The last I heard, Smule was telling people that Android wasn't a profitable platform for them to develop on. Sad and ridiculous.

bustinloose82

Reaction score
Someone please fill me in on what I am T-pain is? Does it change your voice to sound like T-pain?

jimmiem

Reaction score
Android isn't profitable to develop for. The user base is a fraction of the iPhones and the small number of phones out there all have different specs. In addition to that piracy is even easier on Android since you don't need to load apps through iTunes.

Google needs to set down a strict set of hardware requirements that dictates the screen resolution and processor speed. I would suggest a two-tiered model with a fully-specced category for your Droids and N1s and a budget spec for your Erises.

Then they need to take control of the market. First they need to do some quality control. I'm not saying they should deny apps based on content but just that they should make sure there are no beta releases and that everything in there works as promised. Once they purge the garbage the next step is to do away with the money back policy. How many apps do you think Apple would have sold if people were allowed to return the ones they regret buying? This model only benefits the consumer in the short run as in the long run it will drive away good developers.

Along with stricter quality control they need to make to market easier to navigate and find apps. They need a spotlight section to highlight apps that are selected by actual humans as being good. Google seldom catches flack for the fact that they do everything in their power to eliminate humans from the chain and automate everything. This is evidenced recently by the N1 customer service debacle. They need a few actual humans to help make the customer experience better.

I would also suggest they allow developers to keep more of their profits. Right now they take the same 30% cut as Apple. I they cut hat in half to 15% they would attract more developers.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Moved to correct sub-forum

rusray

Reaction score
Android isn't profitable to develop for. The user base is a fraction of the iPhones and the small number of phones out there all have different specs. In addition to that piracy is even easier on Android since you don't need to load apps through iTunes.

Google needs to set down a strict set of hardware requirements that dictates the screen resolution and processor speed. I would suggest a two-tiered model with a fully-specced category for your Droids and N1s and a budget spec for your Erises.

Then they need to take control of the market. First they need to do some quality control. I'm not saying they should deny apps based on content but just that they should make sure there are no beta releases and that everything in there works as promised. Once they purge the garbage the next step is to do away with the money back policy. How many apps do you think Apple would have sold if people were allowed to return the ones they regret buying? This model only benefits the consumer in the short run as in the long run it will drive away good developers.

Along with stricter quality control they need to make to market easier to navigate and find apps. They need a spotlight section to highlight apps that are selected by actual humans as being good. Google seldom catches flack for the fact that they do everything in their power to eliminate humans from the chain and automate everything. This is evidenced recently by the N1 customer service debacle. They need a few actual humans to help make the customer experience better.

I would also suggest they allow developers to keep more of their profits. Right now they take the same 30% cut as Apple. I they cut hat in half to 15% they would attract more developers.

Curious on a few points: What is "Featured Apps" in the very first screen you pop into on the Market? I was figuring that was apps that were downloaded the most in a recent timeframe. I understand that you're asking for more human response, but seriously, have you seen the comments on some of the apps?

I think taking out the beta software is a horrible idea, unless you're saying after their final releases. Developers need a place to test their apps and get feedback, and a lot of people don't feel comfortable downloading directly from the developer. I consider that a strength, unless the beta apps stay after their releases.

Now the money back thing... I've never used it. Every app I've bought I just suck it up and deal with it. I'm not sure why developers would have a problem with this policy, however. If they are putting out a quality app, they shouldn't have to worry about users refunding. The refund period is only 24 hours, yes? Perhaps I'm just not seeing the problem with this.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Good suggestions all, imo, though I'd quibble with a blanket "no return" policy. Would be sufficient, I think, to allow individual vendors to determine their own return policies, stated up front.

I have to wonder how many "free" applications for the android platform will still be around a year from now when developers are drowning in demands for support and enhancements and no revenue to support them.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
what is this app and why do I keep seeing posts about it!?

It corrects the tone of your voice so if you sing out of tune it sounds better.
I'm more interested in the Voice Band for the iPhone app. Search Youtube for examples. This app also has an Auto Pitch mode to help you stay on key so it seems like you could just sing and skip the instruments if you wanted to.

old no. 7

Reaction score
Oh... that is not nearly as cool as I'd hoped. I wish there was a guitar app that made me sound better... that'd be cool.

onetime

Reaction score
tpain

Yaya. That tpain thing off of apple is hot if any one knows treatment correct place to post for apparently request please let me know I know of the tpain one but not peggie not sure wat that one is but I am interested in the tpain I would love to see it in the market along with the baby scratcer app plz help

Riddick

Reaction score
Android isn't profitable to develop for.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and your arguments are all flawed. You want Google to run the market the way Apple does? The way Apple is doing things is driving small developers AWAY from developing for the ipod. In a few years there will be far more Android users than Iphone users, saying that that it's not a profitable platform is ludicrous.

I still can't believe you suggested they do away with the 24 hour refund policy. Are you kidding me? Do you know what a trial is?

jimmiem

Reaction score
Android isn't profitable to develop for.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and your arguments are all flawed. You want Google to run the market the way Apple does? The way Apple is doing things is driving small developers AWAY from developing for the ipod. In a few years there will be far more Android users than Iphone users, saying that that it's not a profitable platform is ludicrous.

I still can't believe you suggested they do away with the 24 hour refund policy. Are you kidding me? Do you know what a trial is?

Actually I have some idea of what I'm talking about. I've read a lot on the subject, and from actual news sources not just a message board.

And for the 24 hour return policy, read what the little developers themselves think about it:

lax refund policy leading to app piracy - Android Market Help