[Request] Extended battery with included door pics

Warglock

Reaction score
Is there anyone out there with the extended battery and the included expanded door that would be willing to take pictures of how much farther the door comes out? I have scoured all the d3 forums I can find and have yet to see any. The main picture I would find most useful is in reference to the camera/flash segment that protrudes from the back of the phone. I am OCD about things being wobbly and off kilter. If the extended battery door would solve that issue, Verizon can have the money without question, the additional battery life will simply be gravy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sparkimus

Reaction score
The extended back actually comes out just past the camera lens, so it sits evenly on a flat surface.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good catch. Need proof folks!

Sent from my A855, while on the move.

KillVolume

Reaction score
I have the extended battery. It does go slightly past the camera bump, but only a hair's width.

MECHANO

Reaction score
I have the extended battery and door. It goes out past the camera bump and allows your phone to sit flat on a surface with no wobbling. I had the same concerns about the phone not sitting flat, but the extended battery and door eliminate this issue.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

pistacio

Reaction score
Could someone post a pic or two please. Extra bulk might be a deal breaker so it would be nice to actually see it. Thanks.

sent from my D1 while the D3 sleeps a little...

MECHANO

Reaction score
Here are some of my pics of the extended battery door... in my opinion, you won't notice any extra bulk...just that your phone will now sit flat...and have much longer battery life.

11%2B-%2B1

11%2B-%2B1

OP
Warglock

Warglock

Reaction score
Here are some of my pics of the extended battery door... in my opinion, you won't notice any extra bulk...just that your phone will now sit flat...and have much longer battery life.

Praise the android, finally! Thank you so much for the pictures. I would have imagined that pictures of this would have surfaced the first chance someone got their extended battery home, but describing it must have done it for most. This leaves nothing to the imagination. You, sir, are a gentleman and a schollar and my days of a wobbly phone are over!

pistacio

Reaction score
Praise the android, finally! Thank you so much for the pictures. I would have imagined that pictures of this would have surfaced the first chance someone got their extended battery home, but describing it must have done it for most. This leaves nothing to the imagination. You, sir, are a gentleman and a schollar and my days of a wobbly phone are over!

That's what I meant to say, lol.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums App

rda990

Reaction score
Here are some more HD pictures, I just got it today. What concerns me is that on the extended battery cover, there is a big gap between the camera frame and the cover, so dust and lint if in a pocket can easily get in and build up inside the phone.

(Sorry regular cover has an invisible shield installed so might look kinda weird)

Regular battery/cover:

dsc01940gq.jpg

dsc01950c.jpg

dsc01951sz.jpg

dsc01953f.jpg

Extended battery/cover:

dsc01941n.jpg

dsc01942a.jpg

dsc01944o.jpg

dsc01945bm.jpg

dsc01947of.jpg

MECHANO

Reaction score
I don't think that is gonna happen, unless you have a freakish amount of lint in your pocket. My D3 is naked in my pocket for 16 hours a day, and I haven't had any trouble. I've been rockin' the extended battery for about a month.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

pistacio

Reaction score
Here are a couple of shots taken from my D1 for comparison ( extended on the left):

421e1f3c-b396-22b0.jpg
421e1f3c-b3a5-490d.jpg
421e1f3c-b3b5-f4ae.jpg

I'm more than pleased with the extended battery, especially how it feels. It actually feels kinda weird handling my girl's D3 with the standard battery.

sent from my D1 while the D3 sleeps a little...