1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Request: DIY step by step Directions on building a theme

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by DroidNYC, Aug 14, 2010.

1. DroidNYC

DroidNYC New Member

I've done a few search's and have found all the tools necessary to theme but I can't find clear step by step directions on how to build a theme. I know it involves taking out the framework-res.apk, changing the .png's, and re-zipaligning the framework-res.apk but I'm looking for a little more.

If it would be at all possible, I'm requesting step by step directions on how this is done. For example, step one: take the framework-res.apk from the rom (found in the .... folder) and push it to your computer using the .... command to push it. Step two: take the pushed framework-res.apk now found in the .... folder in your computer and unzip it using ....

I understand that this is an enormous request and might be too much for some, but I only request it because I'm really interested in learning how to build a theme and would like to try it. I've found other DIY's online, followed all the directions and learned how to change the Brake's on my car, learned how to install all kinds of audio component's for my car and my house, and would like to now try my hand at themeing. (I can follow directions very well if their written with the correct steps).

I know something like this was done on how to build a rom in the rom development section and hope someone would like to do this for themeing. It could be stickyed for everyone to learn and used as another tool. Hopefully someone like 928, bgill, rintintigger or any of our other experienced themer's could help me out with this.

Please don't flame me if you think this is too much of a request, or that you'd be "holding my hand" and basically making the theme for me. I'm simply a noob looking to learn, so that I too can contribute and maybe make some cool theme's.

Thanks in advance if anyone would like to help! I'd appreciate it!
  2. microsnook

microsnook New Member

adb pull framework-res.apk
    go into res/drawable-hpdi and edit images in here
    push framework

you can also do this for individual /system apks.

Thats it in a nutshell
Search tags for this page

theme diy apk

theme diy apk free