REQ - what's wrong w/ my custom boot animation? (OGD)

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Icculus760, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Icculus760

Icculus760 Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Can someone please help me figure out what's wrong with my custom boot animation?

I wanted part0 to be just the one pic that plays only once, then the rest of the pics in part1 to rotate until the OS loads. I created my desc.txt and zipped 'em up, then moved the bootanimation.zip into my /system/media folder (yes, I changed permissions first, then changed them back again.)

Phone just booted w/ the "M" and then straight into the ROM - no bootanimation. So then I tried deleting it from /system/media and moving it into /data/local. Same no bootanimation thing happened.

I'm stumped. I tried figuring it out, but I've got nothing now. Obviously something's wrong, but I have no freaking idea what the problem is.

I'm running an OG-Droid & did have a working bootanimation (ROM-specific) before I started to try and overwrite it with my own.

Although I uploaded my bootanimation to this thread, just in case, you can also find it here: Download bootanimation.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Thanks for all the help (even if nobody replies, odds are whoever is reading my post has contributed to one of the ROMs or themes I've flashed since Nov 2009!)

Attached Files:

2. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    TRy changing your desc file to as below...

480 427 30p 1 0 part0p 0 0 part1

also that first image would fly by lightning fast so it's basically useless by itself...., try multiplying the number of the images in part 0...meaning copy that image and paste it about 10-15 times...

3. Icculus760

Icculus760 Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Thanks for the help - unfortunately I still only get the motorola "M" when I reboot. I did rename all the *.png's in part1 to start consecutively after the 15 or so *.png's in part0, and I updated the desc.txt file. I guess I'm just a horrible developer (wait, I'm not one, guess that's part of the problem :)