1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

REPOST! [Odin][Rom][6/7/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 4.1.1** Voodoo & CWM, ED2 root

Discussion in 'Droid Charge Development' started by Raptor007, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Raptor007

Raptor007 New Member

This is a repost of the Android Central thread by DroidXcon found here: [Odin][Rom][6/7/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 4.1.1** Voodoo & CWM, ED2 root w/Demo - Android Forums

I personally have installed and currently use this ROM it is still an Alpha build and there is theme work to be done. It is very solid and very fast. DroidXcon has an embedded video in the original thread you should really check out, it will show you what the theme is going to be like once its fully done.

Regarding the EE4 update, yes they are working on incorporating it, so if you must have EE4 wait a bit. There are threads regarding what to do and not to do so please read carefully to avoid turning your Charge into a $750 brick.

Since this is a repost I would suggest if you have questions stop over and ask DroidXcon or others who are using this ROM.

INFORMATION:
    THREAD INDEX:
    POST #1 = ROM info and download
    POST #2 = How to extract a compressed file
    POST #3 = Directions on flashing odin written and visual
    POST #4 = TroubleShooting
    POST #5 = Credits

WARNING:
    Android Central, jt1134, nor myself are responsible for modification done to your phone. This includes, bricking, exploding, spontaneous combustion, or it running away with your significant other!!!
    NOTE:

EXTRA SPECIAL THANKS TO jt1134 FOR DEVELOPING THE FIRST VOODOO KERNEL. NOTE I WAS NOT INVOLVED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT OF THIS KERNEL.

This Rom is SUPER ALPHA so do not tell me that you want this or that give me a chance to work on it please.
    NOTE:

This ROM is fully Deodexed, but only Partially debloated as time goes on i will keep debloating deeper and deeper.

List of thing to do:
    ED2 update
    Full Deodex
    Full Debloat
    Black Status Bar
    Dark themed Market
    Dark google search
    Change Colors on touchwiz theme (Work in progress but accomplished)
    Remove touchwiz launcher
    Replace Launcher (Launcher Pro for now)
    Quickboot app (to boot into clockwork)
    AOSP unlock screen (courtesy of nitsuj17)
    Accurate battery mod (courtesy of nitsuj17)
    Clockwork recovery (Modified by jt1134 )
    Voodoo ext4 lagfix (courtesty of jt1134)
    Dark Angel USB Mod
    Themed Dialer
    Themed Swype
    Altered Beasts Themed Dock and Icons
    Transparent notification pull down
    Animated text notifications
    Power button boot options
    INFORMATION:
    THIS IS THE GOAL TO WHAT THIS ROM WILL LOOK LIKE, IT IS NOT THERE YET SO DONT ASK WHY IT DOESNT LOOK LIKE THIS PLEASE

HERE IS A VIDEO FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ASK IF THERE IS LAG

This is still an ALPHA build so please do not be to critical, it needs alot of themeing to be done and there is more i need to put on but i think everyone will be happy with the direction this is going with. This is inludes everything Striked off the list of things to include above.

After flashing it will boot right into clockwork, press power to reboot. Clearing cache partition and Dalvik is not a bad idea but if you dont it wont hurt anything.

TIP:
    If you do not already have voodoo installed boot time should be 5-7 mins do not panic just be patient.

WARNING:
    Do Not use backup or restore from clockwork recovery

DOWNLOAD Altered Beast voodoo+cwm here:

Download mirrors Android Charge Files (thanks cwalter9!!)

Patch update to altered_beast_4.1.1 (to be flashed in CWM)
    For instructions on how to flash with clockwork--> [How To] Using CWM and Voodoo June, 5 2011
    Download Altered Beast 4.1.1

INFORMATION:
    Change log: 6/7/11
    Menu options carbon fiber removed
    Other touchwiz poop colors removed, More to come
    Please all thanks to gunnermike53 for his hard work in themeing this he spent hours with me (poor guy) working on getting this done. If possible throw him a donation so he can get a charge and make themes for us.

Apps added:
    Crutch.apk (allows downloading of previously unsupported file types)
    Appwidgetpicker.apk (stacks widgets when there is multiples sizes or options)

WARNING:

Also if you are having problems with the theme, please take and post screenshots otherwise it is very hard to see what you are experiencing. Help us help you

INFORMATION:
    Change log: 5/31
    themed quickpanel
    themed swype
    themed menu and popups
    Accurate battery
    Please all thanks to gunnermike53 for his hard work in themeing this he spent hours with me (poor guy) working on getting this done. If possible throw him a donation so he can get a charge and make themes for us.

shutdown animation added
    Also thanks to Jaekar for helping me out with the shutdown animations

WARNING:
    If you are already running voodoo this may disable it on boot so listen to her voice, simply scroll to voodoo and select enable lagfix when you reach clockwork for the first time, after you hit enable lagfix you can reboot and it will convert again.

Also if you are having problems with the theme, please take and post screenshots otherwise it is very hard to see what you are experiencing. Help us help you

INFORMATION:
    Change log: 5/27
    Clock fixed
    Voice input fixed
    Partially themed
    Flying windows added

INFORMATION:

Change log:5/26
    Calendar fixed
    Visual voicemail fixed
    Dark Angel USB mod made
    Carbon fiber quickpanel added
  2. roboman342

roboman342 New Member

Seems pretty awesome but it being still in Alpha makes me wanna not give it a try...
Search tags for this page
altered beast android 4.1

altered beast apk

altered beast apk android
altered beast ee4 download
altered beast flash droid
altered beast rom android download
altered beast rom droid charge download
altered beast samsung androide

altered beast voodoo cwm

altered beast voodoo cwm download

alteref beast rom download for charge