reporting malicious application

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloudius

Reaction score
Be warned, the application known as Google Goggles has been deemed highly malicious by countless downloaders. The application hardly functions as it should, and as is evident by my own expeirence and tons of the comments, this application cannot be uninstalled. If anyone knows a way to remove an app that is acting this way please respond to this, and to all users, don't think that just because an app is made by google that its safe, it still amazes me that they put their name on this trash.

ldimick

Reaction score
Would you please share with us WHY you think it is malicious? What does it do that is malicious?

lockman

Reaction score
A foil hat should cover the maliciousness problem, though from the sound of your post, you are already wearing one. This is possibly why no one has responded to your post in the google support forum.

OP
C

cloudius

Reaction score
Would you please share with us WHY you think it is malicious? What does it do that is malicious?

I am basing this off of multiple comments, as far as I kno w because I'm not too tech savvy is that the stupid thing will not uninstall, any app that inconviences the user in such a way would be considered malicious would it not? Some comments suggest it is taking information it shouldn't need for the app, but I dunno about that.

hookerdj

Reaction score
root explorer systen/app remove simple right or am i missing something

Be warned, the application known as Google Goggles has been deemed highly malicious by countless downloaders. The application hardly functions as it should, and as is evident by my own expeirence and tons of the comments, this application cannot be uninstalled. If anyone knows a way to remove an app that is acting this way please respond to this, and to all users, don't think that just because an app is made by google that its safe, it still amazes me that they put their name on this trash.

jtydroid

Reaction score

Be warned, the application known as Google Goggles has been deemed highly malicious by countless downloaders. The application hardly functions as it s

I would hazard a guess that the OP is not rooted.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
C

cloudius

Reaction score
A foil hat should cover the maliciousness problem, though from the sound of your post, you are already wearing one. This is possibly why no one has responded to your post in the google support forum.

Anyone who automatically assumes something is safe because of a brand name is a fool, what I said shouldn't have been new news. Also, why would you even respond to this if you don't even address the question?

OP
C

cloudius

Reaction score

Be warned, the application known as Google Goggles has been deemed highly malicious by countless downloaders. The application hardly functions as it s

I would hazard a guess that the OP is not rooted.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Lol you are cprrect, what is rooted?

OP
C

cloudius

Reaction score

trumpet444

Reaction score
rooted/unlocked your phone. opening up root access to your phone means you can essentially access any file on your phone, including system files. so, if you have "root" access you could essentially go into the system/app folder and take out goggles yourself.

I personally don't think its malicious, but it is VERY aggravating when you can't uninstall an app without root access (visual voice mail anyone?). But you did make a valid point in that it is foolish to trust something because of a brand name.

hookerdj

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.