Reporting back from 4.1.2

Keelar

Reaction score
My screen rotation problem was fixed by doing a simulated battery pull reboot.

hasbrobot

Reaction score
Google now comes up when you hit the search soft button. No regrets at all in taking the plunge. Jb is awesome!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
NeverdelSol

NeverdelSol

Reaction score
Also something new. I remember reading some stuff earlier this year about people seeing NFC writing on the internal battery after taking one apart, even though we haven't had any functionality for it. There's now a 0.00B app/service in the build named "NfcUi"! I'm wondering if the phone actually has the capability to do NFC, they just hadn't had it in a build?

Unless I'm crazy, and that was in the other builds too. I don't know. :biggrin:

mooch91

Reaction score
I don't believe so. There are others, but I wouldn't be too surprised if the reason is the Wireless Router's older protocols, rather than the new OS. First go to your router's manufacturer's website and try to download and install the most current version of the router's firmware. In some cases WIFI problems are completely cured that way. Another solution is to replace the router since newer technology is now very inexpensive and that has fixed all WIFI compatibility problems for some who've reported issues after updates. It may also be that the phone's WIFI settings need to be reset.

I'm 1 for 3 on WiFi issues now. Can't connect to 2 routers that I used to be able to access on ICS. Thinking something ain't right...

I resolved my multiple pictures issue in the gallery too. Copied all of the pictures off the SD card to my computer. Erased the SD card in the phone. Deleted any galleries that showed up in the gallery app. Copied pictures back and let the media scanner find all pictures. Now just one "camera" folder in the gallery with one set of pictures.

Exalted911

Reaction score
Mooch, I suggest you do a factory reset or at the very least clear cache. more than likely you might have an old app thats interfearing with the update. I had a small issue with the phone not synking to my goggle account but after I wipe cache it resolved the issue.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Also something new. I remember reading some stuff earlier this year about people seeing NFC writing on the internal battery after taking one apart, even though we haven't had any functionality for it. There's now a 0.00B app/service in the build named "NfcUi"! I'm wondering if the phone actually has the capability to do NFC, they just hadn't had it in a build?

Unless I'm crazy, and that was in the other builds too. I don't know. :biggrin:

A while back I posted a link from engadget.com about an "iFixit teardown" of the Maxx and they identified a NFC chip being present on the motherboard.

Edit... I loked at the article again and can't seem to find mention of the NFC.

David

casper05lly

Reaction score
Mooch91. I have linked to two different routers and had no trouble. I do the the routers are only a couple years old. I also cleared the cache after I side loaded the o/s. Don't know if that will help at all

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Try updating the Routers' firmwares. Often times older "bugs" that were let's say...forgiven by earlier devices when the protocol is new, will now be a clear no-no, so updating the firmware on the router will make sure it's in 100% compliance with the protocol and that is often all that's needed to fix this issue. Good luck! :biggrin:

BaSHa

Reaction score
A while back I posted a link from engadget.com about an "iFixit teardown" of the Maxx and they identified a NFC chip being present on the motherboard.

Edit... I loked at the article again and can't seem to find mention of the NFC.

David

I would LOVE for the Razr Max to have NFC hidden in there somewhere!

OP
NeverdelSol

NeverdelSol

Reaction score
I'm actually having some issues with Wifi now, it seems. The Wifi symbol keeps going back white, making me restart to get it back going.

I'm also having trouble with the Facebook app not wanting to update my feed, no matter what. I don't know if other people are having the same issue, but it's getting pretty bad.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
If you have issue with Facebook just clear data on android market app.

Factory reset I had issue with WiFi and now after two factory reset. One on recovery wipe cache,wipe and clean data and the other on the phone from setting .

It work fine on mine .

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Greeny

Reaction score
Tinkering (worst timing to get this update - Christmas!), I'm trying to figure out the following with the new version:
  • Where's "My Music" or the internal music player? Can't seem to find it anywhere.
  • How do I access my DLNA content off my DLNA server? Used to be in "My Gallery" or "My Music".
  • Why do I have two sets of pictures when I open up the gallery? I don't actually see two sets when I explore the files on the phone or the card.
Can't answer to your first two questions, but as far as the gallery I only have one set of pictures. Still stumbling through the other parts of JB.