1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Report your bugs with Sholes 2.0.5

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by cisco0910, Feb 16, 2010.

1. cisco0910

cisco0910 New Member

First off, i'd like to say that i'm not 100% sure that it's related to the new 2.0.5 release but i've had my droid since November and i've just NOW came with these issues so take this report as you want...

I upgraded to the 2.0.5 (wiped data, restored via nandroid, etc) yesterday afternoon. I've had every sholes from 2.0.1 to the current..

Now with the bugs i'm pretty certain is related to this current version. The autobrightness feature doesn't work anymore. I say doesn't work anymore as in, i have it checked then when i go outside (sunny), it remains at the lowest dim setting where i can barely see my screen. I'd have to go to setting, autobrigtness, uncheck the recheck for it to work. I have to do it quite often. I've NEVER had to do this before so is it coincedence it just stopped working correctly or is it the 2.0.5 version?

Second issue, is i've had handcent since early December. I know about the double notifications, go to stock, disable, yada, yada, blah, blah. Well starting this morning every handcent text i get it there's also another notification with a "white envelope". It's not handcent cause my icon is not set to that. I've went to stock double checked notifications is unchecked (it was), i checked and reunchecked it, still getting the white envelope. I know it's not handcent also is because when in settings i use the "test notification" feature a green smiley comes up which is correct without the accompanying white envelope. I quite certain but not totally sure that the white envelope is coming from somewhere besides the stock messaging app and handcent.
    Although quite annoying to say the least, it's not a deal breaker for me to toss the phone out the window by any means, i would just like to get your guys take on this and/or report any bugs you have witnessed.
    Two screen shot of the mystery white envelope below, you can see it it the notifcation bar in one.
    View attachment 3217
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  2. poooookah78

poooookah78 New Member

Ummm.... I hit the mic icon, and say "Navigate to XYZ" and it doesn't pull up my turn by turn directions normal response but it pulls up a browser with what I've said. Nothing like what I had before. My GPS is turned on, but nothing. Any ideas?
  3. cisco0910

cisco0910 New Member

I just tried voice search then navigate to this local mall and the navigation pulled up. no prob with that issue
  4. searayman

searayman New Member

not a shole sbug but i would love for them to make it so the seido extendended battery is read accuretley by the battery thingy....
  5. poooookah78

poooookah78 New Member

I reinstalled google maps and made sure GPS is turned on. I just tried it... I said "Navigate to the White House" and it pulls up a browser with my exact words in a google search bar w/ the search results. Ideas?
  6. searayman

searayman New Member

also if you want to actually report the bugs to the sholes team do it here:

Bugzilla Main Page
  7. PetrolHead

PetrolHead New Member

Mine no longer charges and or connects to the computer via USB. I even did a clean install (wiped data) and it still wont' charge to recognize the USB input. I tried it on the charger and both my mac at home and PC (XP SP3) and no go. Thing is, when I power the phone all the way off and plug in the USB cable, the white side LED turns on as if it's charging. Anyone else having this issue?
  8. KJam

KJam New Member

I'm having the same problem with screen brightness...when I wake the phone out of sleep mode, the screen is at the correct brightness, but within a few seconds it automatically goes into a very low brightness setting...it's so low that you can barely see anything. The only way to make it brighter is to go into the brightness settings and manually adjust it...but that only lasts until the phone goes into to sleep mode again.
  9. anuraj1

anuraj1 New Member

Ran beautifully at 1 ghz for a day, woke up this morning and I can't connect to wifi. When I added a contact this morning it asked if I wanted to add it to my gmail address or an old University of Colorado address that I haven't had for 5 years, but is associated with my facebook account. So I tried to access the "Accounts and Sync" setting to check why it was on my phone and it resuted in an immediate restart. Also, it is sending some random calls to VM, however that could have been because of the restarts. I tried downclocking to 600 but still no luck.

EDIT: After resetting the router and modem a few times, I was able to connect to wifi. Still experiencing restarts with the Accounts and Sync setting, and the only other annoying thing is that it auto-rotates even though I have unchecked that option.

EDIT 2: It isn't actually a hard restart, the Motorola logo doesn't show up. It starts with the Droid/Eye part of the startup sequence.

Reflashing now to see if it fixes it.
  10. R1Lover

R1Lover New Member

Just a tip for those wipping data, don't do a restore afterwards, you are defeating the purpose of wipping it clean. re-enter your info from a clean install.
  11. DroidHoff

DroidHoff New Member

No issues yet for me. Nav works as it should, battery charges, auto brightness works fine so far and I have had no random reboots. I have had some FC's on different apps installed (mostly Olympic related). I noticed that most people are saying they wiped data, I didn't do that because it shouldn't have been required. Maybe that has something to with some of the problems being experienced. Thanks Sholes team for yet another great upgrade!
  12. cisco0910

cisco0910 New Member

went to the sholes site and somebody mentioned it as a bug and to reflash without the "autobriteness" option and it seemed to have fixed his..i'm gonna reflash now without it..
    edit. it's called "low-brighntess app" to be exact
  13. anuraj1

anuraj1 New Member

Could someone please try accessing the "Accounts and Sync" option in the settings menu? I can't figure out why mine isn't working.
  14. camcrobe

camcrobe New Member

No issues with auto brightness here. Zippy fast even at 800/250 mhz. Not a bug per se with the 2.0.5 ROM, but when in the dock mode, the included 2.1 clock app still shows temperature in centigrade.
  15. ravichopra

ravichopra New Member

You probably removed the Facebook app

This is caused by removing the Facebook app. Go to the marketplace and reinstall the Android Facebook app and it should work just fine.
  16. anuraj1

anuraj1 New Member

Beautiful, thank you so much!
  17. tdog7879

tdog7879 New Member

Thats what i was thinking...just like a blackberry
  18. Vanilla Tarantino

Vanilla Tarantino New Member

I had the brightness problem.

Solution:
    1) Open Bright Control.
    2) Press the menu button, and select Prefs.
    3) UNCHECK "Retain Settings"

Automatic brightness should work now.

From what I can tell, it was reactivating the minimum brightness hack every time you unlock the phone, thus overriding the autobrightness setting.
  19. tu3218

tu3218 New Member

so for those who did upgrade too 2.0.5, is it worth upgrading? specifically from 2.0.3?
  20. theascended

theascended New Member

I've tried 2.0.5 for a while. Two issues I'd like some help with

1.) Home++ crashes a lot. I get frequent widget errors and lockups.
    2.) Autostarts reports that I do not have root. I've removed the su permissions from the superuser app and restarted. I get a request for su permissions, I allow, but Autostarts again reports that I don't have root.