Report Suggest iPhone 8 and 8 Plus Sales Have Been Meager

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Honesty I really wonder who is going to buy the iPhone X. To me it seems like its going to be purchased more for a Status Symbol than because of it Features.
Is the Note 8 a status symbol?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Is the Note 8 a status symbol?

It is can be a status Symbol. The Note was the Start of the whole Phablet Evolution. It was always known as the Device that was one the most powerful Androids the Flagship of Samsung. Until Samsung introduced the S6 Edge+ the Note was know as the Phone to get for its larger Screen. The Note8 has added Functionality that is not found in the S8. Its technically an Upgraded Device from the S8+ other than the slightly smaller battery. Note8 adds, Dual Camera, 6GB Ram, S-Pen. The Note8 doesnt Substitute Features, take away one to add another. The Note line has always been the Top of the Galaxy Line.

The iPhone X took away the TouchID in Favor of FaceID which for alot of people is a big Deal.

Personally I do use the S-Pen and I love the Dual Camera Features and it is Fast as Heck. I was using my Old Note5 over my Moto Z Force for a little bit because i missed the S-Pen.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
A phone is not a status symbol. Drives me nuts to see people say that. What's an X going to cost? $35/a month? Whoooooo you're SO RICH! Not...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
"Luxury goods are often perceived as status symbols. Examples may include a mansion or penthouse apartment,[5] a trophy spouse,[6]haute couture fashionable clothes,[7]jewellery,[8] or a luxury vehicle.[9] A sizeable collection of high-priced artworks or antiques may be displayed, sometimes in multiple seasonally occupied residences located around the world. Privately owned aircraft and luxury yachts are movable status symbols that can be taken from one glamorous location to another; the "jet set" refers to wealthy individuals who travel by private jetand who frequent fashionable resorts.[10]"
Ripped from Wikipedia.
A Maserati is a status symbol. A 2 million dollar home may be a status symbol. A yacht. A $1,000 phone that is less then $40 a month? Come on.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
"Luxury goods are often perceived as status symbols. Examples may include a mansion or penthouse apartment,[5] a trophy spouse,[6]haute couture fashionable clothes,[7]jewellery,[8] or a luxury vehicle.[9] A sizeable collection of high-priced artworks or antiques may be displayed, sometimes in multiple seasonally occupied residences located around the world. Privately owned aircraft and luxury yachts are movable status symbols that can be taken from one glamorous location to another; the "jet set" refers to wealthy individuals who travel by private jetand who frequent fashionable resorts.[10]"
Ripped from Wikipedia.
A Maserati is a status symbol. A 2 million dollar home may be a status symbol. A yacht. A $1,000 phone that is less then $40 a month? Come on.

I mean I don't think phones are status symbols, but there are definitely people who can't even afford Netflix at $10 a month, let alone $35

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I mean I don't think phones are status symbols, but there are definitely people who can't even afford Netflix at $10 a month, let alone $35

Phones might not be a status symbol, but I'm starting to think the higher dollar Apple Watches are.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I think Status Symbol is the Wrong Term used here. I think its more of i have a iPhone X so im Better than you cause you have a iPhone 7 or 8, in that way. Or cause its the most Talked about Device Ever blah blah blah. Obviously me Driving around in my GTR would be a Status Symbol thing but it was not properly used for Phone.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It is can be a status Symbol. The Note was the Start of the whole Phablet Evolution. It was always known as the Device that was one the most powerful Androids the Flagship of Samsung. Until Samsung introduced the S6 Edge+ the Note was know as the Phone to get for its larger Screen. The Note8 has added Functionality that is not found in the S8. Its technically an Upgraded Device from the S8+ other than the slightly smaller battery. Note8 adds, Dual Camera, 6GB Ram, S-Pen. The Note8 doesnt Substitute Features, take away one to add another. The Note line has always been the Top of the Galaxy Line.

The iPhone X took away the TouchID in Favor of FaceID which for alot of people is a big Deal.

Personally I do use the S-Pen and I love the Dual Camera Features and it is Fast as Heck. I was using my Old Note5 over my Moto Z Force for a little bit because i missed the S-Pen.
Yeah I'm thinking the S+ phones (ie S7+, S8+, S9+) are cannibalizing some of the note sells. Plus there are a lot of note users now and in the past that admit they don't even use the S pen and wanted a note phone without it. The plus phones are the phones for them while I think the note phones are more for those wanting the latest bleeding edge of Samsung hardware. Think about it. The note 2 was the first to push quad core, note edge first to experiment with changing the look of the display panel, and the note 8 the first to 6 gb of RAM. People like us know that and want that which is why the note appeals to us.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I went from an apple to the original note. I wanted something at the time with larger screen, not necessary the s pen. I really do not use the s pen as much as I used to but it still comes in handy.

I think the problem with the apple this time around, is the lack of new features or should I say the lack of new features users will need and use. maybe people are getting tired of shelling out big bucks for new phones when their old phones will still do everything they need it to do. and be honest as far as being a status symbol, I really cannot tell the difference between an apple or an android phone anymore.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Well, this news certainly doesn't help me hoping that iPhone sales would create some great Note8 promos.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk