Report Suggest iPhone 8 and 8 Plus Sales Have Been Meager

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
camlogo-8plus-jpg.77987

I think this comes as a shock to no one. Apple shares have dipped 1.5% after a report showed that Apple has cut down on their November and December production orders of the IPhone 8 and 8 Plus. The phones were launched last month. The design is the most uninspired aspect of the phone only differing from the 2014 counterpart with a glass back. The newly designed iPhone X will be released in just two weeks and it seems that normal iPhone users are either waiting for that device or have ditched Apple in favor of the many Android flagships that have been released in the past few months.

The production cuts are pretty major. The report suggest that Apple is cutting production by an unprecedented 50%. I guess we will find out if Apple can recover when the iPhone X releases on November 3rd.

via BGR

Attachments

• camlogo-8plus.jpg
    camlogo-8plus.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 2,808

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Probably because they waiting on that X. At 1100+ they are going to need to save a little extra for that one. Plus if I was iPhone shopping I would either go X or save money by going with the 7. Wireless charging and a glass back is not worth the extra money.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Disagree. The 8 just isn't that compelling an upgrade from the 7. There's no way a majority of iPhone users give a rats behind about the X. That is no doubt a small minority.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I hear that sales of the iHorton BS8 are doing great.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
It's definitely bc of the iPhone X ...there are plenty of peeps waiting on it ...and others are buying the 7 series bc they are giving great deals on them ...if you can save cash the 7 is a great phone to get IMO

Sent using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I hear that sales of the iHorton BS8 are doing great.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I'm on backorder for mine.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
2014 counterpart? Im pretty sure the iPhone 7 did not come that early lol unless you're referring to the 6?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
It's definitely bc of the iPhone X ...there are plenty of peeps waiting on it ...and others are buying the 7 series bc they are giving great deals on them ...if you can save cash the 7 is a great phone to get IMO

Sent using Tapatalk
We'll see. Of course some people are waiting...but I don't think it's that many.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think most people are waiting for the iPhone X. Most people don't care about the total price of the phone, and the difference between the monthly payments on an 8 vs X isn't much. ($10?)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think most people are waiting for the iPhone X. Most people don't care about the total price of the phone, and the difference between the monthly payments on an 8 vs X isn't much. ($10?)
You make a good point, most of the customers are not going to pay attention to the full retail. The difference over a 2 year period will be about $10 at the most. Then likely the carriers will do some sort of cone trick to get the people in the stores signing that deal. I'm thinking something like trade in a top conditioned phone (likely wanting a Samsung or Apple) that is within x year and get $50-$100 off your purchase. Sign up for DirecTV (if you're on att), or some other pushed service, and they'll waive the activation fee.

Best buy will likely do a gift card deal again.

By the way, ever since people like me been using that $200 gift card to drop the price of the phone, I noticed Best buy slyly changed the stipulations to only be used on accessories or some other thing other than being allowed to drop the price of the phone.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Out of all the people i know that have iPhones, a lot of them were staying with the 7 unless it broke for some reason and then they would upgrade to the 8. A few others were upgrading to the 8. And no one i know was waiting for the X. Everyone i know was not happy about the removal of touchID, or thought it was just too expensive of an upgrade. Time will tell what the true story is.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Honesty I really wonder who is going to buy the iPhone X. To me it seems like its going to be purchased more for a Status Symbol than because of it Features.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Honesty I really wonder who is going to buy the iPhone X. To me it seems like its going to be purchased more for a Status Symbol than because of it Features.
Me me lol... I'm not doing it for status though... I just need to try the latest lol.. If it's a smaller phone build with larger screen real estate I'm in... Hehe

Sent using Tapatalk