Report: Samsung Galaxy S II Not Making Its Way to Verizon

Discussion in 'Android News' started by Preach2k, Aug 25, 2011.

1. elvis_marmaduke

elvis_marmaduke New Member

Only half a year late :eek:

You have just been post pwned
  2. Cipherr

Cipherr New Member

I suspect a hardware change, a slider with a QWERTY. And maybe even more than just that. I dont think they want to consider it a Galaxy S2 anymore with a slider because Samsung just yesterday established a new naming convention for their phones:

Here is a link

W = A mid tier device like the Samsung Galaxy W
    R = Just one tier below the premium devices. Normally cuts a little horsepower to bring the price down some. Like the Samsung Galaxy R
    S = Flagship power phones. We all know this. Galaxy S, Galaxy S2 etc etc
    M = Budget phone basically.
    Y = Absolute entry level, lower than M.

Pro = A phone with a QWERTY like the Galaxy M Pro
    Plus = Update of an older model. Like the Galaxy S Plus which was a Galaxy S with a faster processor.
    LTE = Obvious.

So with the rumors saying Verizon has an 'extremely similar to the S2' coming in place of the S2 itself, Its just making me think its going to be a Samsung Galaxy S2+, or maybe a Samsung Galaxy S2+ LTE Pro. That would technically according to Samsungs new naming scheme make it a different line, but only barely.

This also leads me to all the rumors about the GT-I9250 4.65 inch screen phone rumored to be the Prime and all of the mixed signals we keep getting about the Prime having either a 4.5 inch screen or a 4.65 inch screen. We all know when Samsung released the last Nexus Phone they then released a modified version of the same phone called the Galaxy. Pretty much the same hardware, but minor differences, like expandable memory, but with no flash on the camera, it also ran Touchwiz instead of pure Google, but the Galaxy S weighed less than the Nexus. But all in all, it was the same phone. Im wondering if the official Nexus Prime is 4.5, and the GT-I9250 is Samsungs un-pure variant of it with a larger screen that will launch later. However the GT-I9250 has been leaked to launch in the final week of November, so if it is a Prime variant, that would mean the Prime is launching before then.
  3. bplewis24

bplewis24 Member

Case in point, LOL.
  4. bp328i

bp328i Theme Developer Theme Developer

This seems to be Verizons M.O. as of late. I love my Thunderbolt but it should have been out 6 months earlier.
  5. SwiftLegend

SwiftLegend New Member

He word liar never came out if my mouth(or fingers). If you really thing a penile screen is better than a smiled you are only foolingyours.
    Even if the colors are a little over saturated, id rather take that than something being dull. The green in the market has more white than green. I have a x2 I know from experience.
  6. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Well-Known Member

lolwut?!
  7. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

He said penile...

I have seen this typo so many times over the past months..
  8. Trusstopher

Trusstopher DF Super Moderator

They missed the video... the bionic is personified by a women... there is nothing penile about it... unless she has a past we don't want to know about...:icon_eek:
  9. Preach2k

Preach2k DF News Team Premium Member

Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Why must it always be a pissing contest with Android phones? My screen is better then your screen, mine is 1.2 or 1.5 or 1gz of ram, and mine can do this and yours can't!!! iphone users are united and bashes Android as a whole.. An Android kingdom divided...We should stop bashing other people because of the phones they want and just be happy with the phone you have. If I do not have a problem with the pentile screen it is my right if you have a problem with the screen it is your right. Just stop trying to force another who disagree with you to see your way... This is really ridiculous to me.. Apple fan boys would look at this thread and laugh at the immaturity that goes on here. Are we children? Cant we just be happy with our choice of phones and stop bashing someone else choice. The Great thing about Android is we have a choice!!!
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  10. King_Bean

King_Bean New Member

I've been thinking about dropping Verizon and going to Sprint because I'm paying a buttload of money for unlimited everything.

If the S2 or Bioinic had come out within the last month, I might have been lured into buying one of them (and thus renewing my contract with Verizon).

At this point, neither phone is out and it won't be that long until my contract lapses and I might as well let it expire since I could be saving somewhere around $40 a month with Sprint.

In a way, I'm happy that there have been all of these delays because it has made my decision to drop Verizon so much easier. I will miss the awesome service but where I live, Sprint is pretty good.
  11. stinger161

stinger161 Member

Like deja vu from when I was with the sunken ship HMS Nextel. Although I think they sucked on Motorola's tit harder than VZN. I remember fr iends on other networks getting slicker, sleeker phones and the coolest thing I could upgrade to was the Moto i930 which was so thick I was a ble to use it as a wheel chock for a car that was out of control and about to run over a baby. At least I have reliable service with VZN compared to Nexthell. And now il get to hear about the awesomeness of the GS2 from other people. This was a very wise move by Verizon. Great job guys!!
  12. loki993

loki993 New Member

Yes, this is actually kind of bothersome if they really passed on the GSII becasue they think the Charge actually compares.

I think they even already have an LTE version out or in development in another country

Indeed, I wouldnt "wait" for a bionic at this point, too many, well aparently 1 less now, good phones coming out to near it.
  13. loki993

loki993 New Member

You know what its like saying we don't need the ipohne5 we have the iphone4. We don't need to vigor we have to thundedrbolt. We don't need the bionic we have the DX2.

Sent from my DROID2
  14. elvis_marmaduke

So now it looks like they will be getting a beef Samsung device after all... Just as I thought!

15. Trusstopher

Is there a new source or is that based on what we saw yesterday?
  16. Godfather

Godfather New Member

You tell em Preach!!!!! Amen!
  17. elvis_marmaduke

18. Trusstopher

Hmm... could that be lining up with the "GT-I9210 (W48)" from this post?
  19. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

20. elvis_marmaduke

Looks to me like it MIGHT be the prime (only going by the way the specs are looking) but we will find out in less than a week one way or another :)