Report: Samsung Galaxy S II Not Making Its Way to Verizon

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
My contract with Verizon expires in December. Whatever's the best phone to come out between now and then is what I'm going to get.
same here, looks like Vigor for me, nothing comes close to sense UI, my Incredibledancedroid has served be quite well for the last two years.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
if vzw is going to something so seemingly dumb as to pass on the hottest android phone on the planet, what could be the reason?? i can come up with several reasons, none of which make much sense to me. the only thing that does make sense is that the Prime will be released on VZW first, it will be released in the next 2-3 months, it is a Sammy device, and it's specs are similar to, but better, than the GS2 (LTE, better screen, newer OS). if that's not the reason, then it's because vzw is dumb...

It could be a better phone promised by Samsung!!!

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
My guess would be just that Preach. They realized that there would be no point releasing a variant of the GSII in September, when they'd be releasing something similar, yet better, most likely before the end of the year.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Finally gs2 talks over lol...Verizon or bust

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

cincycats51

Reaction score
if vzw is going to something so seemingly dumb as to pass on the hottest android phone on the planet, what could be the reason?? i can come up with several reasons, none of which make much sense to me. the only thing that does make sense is that the Prime will be released on VZW first, it will be released in the next 2-3 months, it is a Sammy device, and it's specs are similar to, but better, than the GS2 (LTE, better screen, newer OS). if that's not the reason, then it's because vzw is dumb...
How do you know that Verizon passed up on it? What if its the fact that Samsung did not want to stuff the LTE chip into their phone? Samsung has the approach with their galaxy line of having the thinnest, lightest, sleakest looking phone. Which is not a bad thing, but for it to compete on Verizon's network, they would have to put the LTE chip in, and from what I have heard, is quite large. I just think that Samsung didn't think it was worth redesigning the entire phone for one network (yes, one of the biggest) when they are doing just fine on other carriers, globally.

I have a friend who rides Samsung, he just loves everything Samsung, and really has 0 nice to say about Verizon, other than their converage. He promised me that it is Verizon's fault and they turned the phone down. I dont see how that is even possible. I think Samsung just didnt feel like cooperating with what Big Red wanted. Any official word on who said no go?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
How do you know that Verizon passed up on it? What if its the fact that Samsung did not want to stuff the LTE chip into their phone? Samsung has the approach with their galaxy line of having the thinnest, lightest, sleakest looking phone. Which is not a bad thing, but for it to compete on Verizon's network, they would have to put the LTE chip in, and from what I have heard, is quite large. I just think that Samsung didn't think it was worth redesigning the entire phone for one network (yes, one of the biggest) when they are doing just fine on other carriers, globally.

I have a friend who rides Samsung, he just loves everything Samsung, and really has 0 nice to say about Verizon, other than their converage. He promised me that it is Verizon's fault and they turned the phone down. I dont see how that is even possible. I think Samsung just didnt feel like cooperating with what Big Red wanted. Any official word on who said no go?

They have redesigned the SGSII for 2 other carriers, why would they have a problem changing it for Verizon?

EFGantry

Reaction score
It could be a better phone promised by Samsung!!!

My guess would be just that Preach. They realized that there would be no point releasing a variant of the GSII in September, when they'd be releasing something similar, yet better, most likely before the end of the year.

are you saying a Sammy phone other than the Prime?? it's hard to envision what that could be....?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, my guess would be it is the Prime, but there's just not enough evidence to specifically suggest that so I didn't mention it.

bigdad63

Reaction score
If the vigor and prime aren't here within a couple of months I am leaving Verizon. Period.

EFGantry

Reaction score
But Rumor has it that the Prime is going to AT&T and not Verizon...

i know those rumors have been out there, but i haven't heard anything lately - is there something recent i've missed? i know there was the report late last week/earlier this week that the Prime was spotted at VZW HQ, but that just means they're looking at it.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
If the vigor and prime aren't here within a couple of months I am leaving Verizon. Period.

Well I guess you are leaving Verizon. Because Prime is rumored to go to AT&T.. And there has been nothing on the HTC Vigor coming soon. I will say the earliest will be late 4th Q. If you cant wait that long. Then I guess you will be leaving Verizon while 10 more come to Verizon... I will not leave Verizon because they have the best service here in NC.