1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Replicate phone environment on PC?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by SilverStrings, Dec 4, 2010.

1. SilverStrings

SilverStrings New Member

Hey, I am entirely new to Android development. Is it possible to run Android OS inside a VM Player on my PC running Windows 7? I've done this with several flavors of Linux, but I dont know enough about how Android operates.

I'm not talking about just a development sandbox... a fully-functional installation of Android with networking capabilities would be the goal. Does anyone have experience with this?
  2. SilverStrings

SilverStrings New Member

this forum moves with the speed of a sloth on Ambien..
  3. LtKen

LtKen New Member

You might want try XDA developers if we're too slow. If anyone can help you with development, it's them.
  4. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

+1

DroidForums junkie!
  5. SilverStrings

SilverStrings New Member

Thanks for the tip. I'm making an account, let me know if you're registered there and want referrer credit
  6. SilverStrings

SilverStrings New Member

I'll take that as a NO. So what's this forum mostly about then, DROID apps and ****?
  7. LtKen

LtKen New Member

Not a member, thanks though.

This is for all things Droid, but there arent too many hardcore devs on here, and the ones that are, are busy pushing out new ROMs and the like, and dont spend a lot of time answering questions.

A good number of the members are tinkerers at different stages. From grandmothers who are new to smartphones, to people like me, who have years of computer education and just like to tinker.

It's really a jack-of-all-trades, master of none forum. I myself have had several questions go unanswered because they're too deep in one direction. It happens.

Welcome.
  8. DanielC

DanielC New Member

I believe you can run android from a image file with a VM in windows. I have used Live Android or something along those lines with VMware on my Mac. It did not have market access and it was sluggish, however, so I gave up on using it. If you find any better VM's or emulators other than with the Android SDK, I'd like to know.
Search tags for this page

replicate android os on computer

replicate phone display on pc